Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change address

tag
culture
Regular Contributor

Change address

Anyone have experience a change of address, moved to another state...

how long should you wait to apply?    Are you going to get  declined because info not matching  or old records?

anyone with more info..

thanks 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Change address

I don't have any experience with a address change to another state. But I did recently move to a different house in the same town and had to do the address change shuffle with all my creditors and bank.

I updated all my addresses through my online accounts with each creditor and bank and it was seamless. Normally the address change will show on your credit report the next time the CCC's do your monthly report on your account. So it should update automatically.

As far as how long to wait before applying, I could not say, but there's plenty of others on here that can give you spot on advice on that one.

Edit: Just be aware that some creditors will do an off cycle update if you change your address, so you may want to take a look at your balances before doing so, if you keep a tight leash on util that is.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 4
culture
Regular Contributor

thanks...  anyone else? 

Message 3 of 4
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

End of December I moved from Texas to Georgia.  I also just changed with my bank and the one CC i had at the time.  You will find your move causes some INQ's to appear.  I had 2 HP.  One from the apt complex (and thanks to the repair I did based on info from this site) had no deposit.  One from Comcast which did require a dep.  but each was only one one CRA.  the others did SP.  So that is something to consider you may have some HP show if you are concerned about them.

I wasn't wanting any new CC just trying to buildd a litte but I did just last weekend do the cart trick and get my Victoria Secret.  now it was only a SP but was instant at checkout.

So my reccomendation is the address hit the first CRA almost immediately and was on all 3 by the 2nd month.  I would say to be safe just wait till you see everything back corr4ect on the CR and ensure those HP counts and you should be good to go!

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.