Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change coming in BCP rewards structure

tag
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Re: Change coming in BCP rewards structure

Doesn't gas stations sell grocery store gift cards ??? At 3% woot woot.

Next thing we know CAP on GAS LOL.

Message 21 of 38
FrugalRican
Blogger

@DeadSpider wrote:

If everyone decides to start doing that, then yes, I would expect to see a cap in gas soon.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 22 of 38
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

Dropping to 1% is severe. They should at least only drop to 3% like the BCE. Seems more fair.  Are they also capping the BCE?

I'd be interested in that as well! It seems unusual that they'd drop the 6% to 1% and not cap the BCE as well!

Message 23 of 38
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

Agreed! When people game the system we get caps!

Message 24 of 38
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

One of the reasons we as a family got the card because it offered unlimited 6% but no more.

$6000 at 6% is only $360 - $75AF your left with $285.

Any other grocery cards out there ??? I know Freedom and Discover gives you 5% sometimes but I'm looking for yearly card with or without AF but good rewards.

Message 25 of 38
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

One of the reasons we as a family got the card because it offered unlimited 6% but no more.

$6000 at 6% is only $360 - $75AF your left with $285.

Any other grocery cards out there ??? I know Freedom and Discover gives you 5% sometimes but I'm looking for yearly card with or without AF but good rewards.

+1

I ran the math too. At $9500 in grocery spending per year you are at the $285 with 3% on BCE.  If you spend more than $9500 a year on groceries, BCE would be the better deal if there is no cap.

This may become complicated to manage instead of easy. 5% cash back for DM and Freedom, but only during their grocery quarters, and only until maxed out.  The BCP whenever the rest are maxed, until $6000 in spending.  Then move on to the next best thing in my wallet. (Which will NOT be 1% with BCP)  I won't run grocery spending through BCP for 1%. 

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 26 of 38
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

If your a big family get 2 card husband and wife @ 150AF per year or $2500 in grocery to break even.

Message 27 of 38
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I looked at some of my past statements and I spend $575-600 a  month on groceries which is around $7200 a year.  So I think with the Freedom card I will be OK.  Still though thats $72 bucks I lost Smiley Sad  I think.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 28 of 38
JonStur
Established Contributor

It seems like BCE is safe for now...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 29 of 38
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

@crunching_numbers wrote:

Dropping to 1% is severe. They should at least only drop to 3% like the BCE. Seems more fair.  Are they also capping the BCE?

I'd be interested in that as well! It seems unusual that they'd drop the 6% to 1% and not cap the BCE as well!

American Express swipe fees are a little more than 3% so they are still making money with the Blue Cash Everyday. Barclays offers 2% if anyone wants that.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.