Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change coming in BCP rewards structure

tag
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Re: Change coming in BCP rewards structure

BCE is also going to be capped for grocery stores at $6k spend.
Message 31 of 38
Cory
Established Contributor

Yes, afterwhile all the credit card companies will jump on the wagon with tighter caps and tiers. Oh well.

Message 32 of 38
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I think someone else mentioned that it must be the result of American Express' recent lawsuit and I think that may be the case aswell. Closing Zync and putting caps on both of these cards around the same time the lawsuit was lost seems like a big coincidence. I guess this is what happens when people are too dense to understand terms and conditions.

Message 33 of 38
tray
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I think someone else mentioned that it must be the result of American Express' recent lawsuit and I think that may be the case aswell. Closing Zync and putting caps on both of these cards around the same time the lawsuit was lost seems like a big coincidence. I guess this is what happens when people are too dense to understand terms and conditions.

That was me mentioning this, and you are right all of a sudden at the same time all these changes, and if someone can answer  this question with regards to the gift card purchases in supermarkets did amex get a listing on what particular items where purchased in the supermarket? well I know I will be downgrading my bcp to the regular bce card if there is a chance no caps will be on that particular card.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 34 of 38
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@tray wrote:

That was me mentioning this, and you are right all of a sudden at the same time all these changes, and if someone can answer  this question with regards to the gift card purchases in supermarkets did amex get a listing on what particular items where purchased in the supermarket? well I know I will be downgrading my bcp to the regular bce card if there is a chance no caps will be on that particular card.

Some people say card companies can see what you purchase and some say that they cannot. I do not see why they should be able to see what you buy anyway, but I am not them so do not know their intentions.

Message 35 of 38
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

The Blue Cash Everyday will also be capped at the first 6000 in spending.

Message 36 of 38
YahComb
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@tray wrote:

Some people say card companies can see what you purchase and some say that they cannot. I do not see why they should be able to see what you buy anyway, but I am not them so do not know their intentions.

I know at least with my Amtrak tickets, they showed the LEaving From and Destination info in the purchase details on the AMEX website. uh....Smiley Surprised

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 37 of 38
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

On my statement it says the change won't take place until my account renews or after January 15th. I'm assuming if my account doesn't renew until after Jan 15th, the change takes place then rather than on my account renewal date?

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.