cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change freedom to slate to get new freedom?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change freedom to slate to get new freedom?

Is it possible to convert my 6 year old Freedom to a Slate then apply for a new Freedom for the $200 bonus? I don't want to close the Freedom because it's age. Thanks for the input.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Change freedom to slate to get new freedom?

Can't do that... If you read the fine print it states you cannot have the same product for 24 months prior to being eligable for the "sign-up" offer.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Can't do that... If you read the fine print it states you cannot have the same product for 24 months prior to being eligable for the "sign-up" offer.

Actually as I read it, You cannot have had the bonus in the last 24 months.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Exactly how I read it also. So it's been years. So what do you think?

Message 4 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Hmmm ok...  I am wrong, didn't read it recently was from my memory.. My appologizes.

Message 5 of 15
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I still think no, as generally isn't the sign up bonus void for people who PC from other cards?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the OP isn't talking about PC'ing from Slate to Freedom - but rather from Freedom to Slate, and then applying for another Freedom.

It would be a rare case of trying to turn a rewards card into a no-rewards card. Most of the time, people are trying to turn an old Slate into a Freedom to keep AAoA but earn rewards.

Whether it is possible, wise, and worth the hassle I'm not sure.

Message 7 of 15
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, the OP isn't talking about PC'ing from Slate to Freedom - but rather from Freedom to Slate, and then applying for another Freedom.

It would be a rare case of trying to turn a rewards card into a no-rewards card. Most of the time, people are trying to turn an old Slate into a Freedom to keep AAoA but earn rewards.

Whether it is possible, wise, and worth the hassle I'm not sure.

Whoops read that wrong.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to Chase if I closed out my Freedom I would be eligible for the bonus. At the time though it didn't occur to me to ask about PC to slate. I think I'm just going to skip out on this bonus.

Message 9 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

According to Chase if I closed out my Freedom I would be eligible for the bonus. At the time though it didn't occur to me to ask about PC to slate. I think I'm just going to skip out on this bonus.

For 200 dollars it isn't worth it in my opinion.  Wise choice.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.