Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in credit steps program?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change in credit steps program?

I just got off CO chat with a representative where I had asked them about whether or not my QS1 card was in the Credit Steps program. The rep told me that my card was and explained to me that I had to make 5 on time payments and use my card and I will get an automatic increase by the 7th or 10th statement. I had asked him why this one is different from the steps that I had on my QS where you would see the increase by the 6th statement, which I did get. He said that they were aware of that change and he just repeated what he said about how the program works.

Has the program changed or is this rep just reading a script? I don't have a problem with the program as I am grateful to be in with them, but I would've thought the program was the same for both cards.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Change in credit steps program?

It's the same. They always say that.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's still the same. They are reading a script so people won't place a time period when it happens. If they say within 5 or 6 statements, and it does not happen, they don't want to be bombarded with questions on why it didn't happen. 7-10 statements are safe numbers. Some people even got it within 4 statements.
Message 3 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

not part of the program, but my friend got her QS card with a $500 limit 5 months of lite use, and PIF, she got the CLI to $750,  continue to barely use the card, and PIF for  2-3 more months,   purchased a bed $677, a few days later they gave her a CLI to $2750.  She had no other credit lines and 4 collections on her CR, but all were 4 years old, she is also an AU on two of my CapOne cards ( one 7 years old the other about 4 years old she was never issued a card), credit score as reported by CapOne is 604.  CapOne Can be really nice when you are first starting out these days. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

She was more than likely part of the credit steps program.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That is what i thought but wasn't sure.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I recieved my capital one platinum they told me I would get an auto increase after 5th statement... I didn't get it so I requested increase went from $500 to $1500
Message 7 of 8
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

My QS was in it and got it around the 5th or 6th statement. IDK about my playstation card but I am like 50% it was and 50% it got an increase as well.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.