Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed CS to Freedom Unlimited

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Changed CS to Freedom Unlimited

I'm over 5/24 so can't app for a freedom unlimited card right now. I currently hold the old 5% category freedom card as well as the CSR. I had the CS for a long time (downgraded from a CSP years ago) but I never use it since restaurant spend goes on the CSR. I just called in and PC'd my CS to a Freedom Unlimited, since I needed a general non-cat) spend card until I pick up my new amex business plus card down the line. Does this strategy make sense? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changed CS to Freedom Unlimited

Did you ask to see if they'd give you the 3% for the first year going on right now?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you ask to see if they'd give you the 3% for the first year going on right now?

Wow! How did I miss that promotion. I think DH needs to get one of these ASAP. 

Message 3 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No I didn't ask since its not a new card and the terms they read specifically said I am not elgible for the new bonus on a product change. I would have loved to have that offer but I'm over 5/24 and even if I wasn't over 5/24 I'd probably app for a different chase card anyway. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might have been worth an ask still, sometimes they oblige on this when switching to a different card (i have had them bend on this before).  Agree its not worth a new credit line hit though (if you churn).

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds to me like the CS --> FU was a good move for you.  Any time you go from a card that you don't use to one that you do use, IMO you've achieved a successful and worthwhile PC.

Message 6 of 7
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Man, they got 3% RN on the FU!!! 😁😁
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.