cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed my Cap One Rewards card to a Quicksilver card but still getting charged a annual fee?

tag
allensimmons1714

Changed my Cap One Rewards card to a Quicksilver card but still getting charged a annual fee?

So I just called and product changed my 2 capital one card with annual fee's of   ($35,$39) to Quicksilver cards. While talking to the rep I was informed that both the annual fees for the cards would continue. I asked why , and was never given a solid answer. Anyone else have this problem? Should I call and CS and try to get this fixed?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Re: Changed my Cap One Rewards card to a Quicksilver card but still getting charged a annual fee?

There no Annual Fee on the Visa Sig which they must have not offered too you.

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 2 of 9
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Changed my Cap One Rewards card to a Quicksilver card but still getting charged a annual fee?

Just yesterday I called and had my Cap One Platinum MC ($3K CL / $19 annual fee) switched over to the Quicksilver card. The CSR said "I was eligible for a Quicksilver conversion," after imputing my info into their computer.  My other CapOne card, VentureOne VISA account ($3K CL) was also eligible for conversion to Quicksilver, but I opted not to convert this card for now.  I did ask about CLI's for both cards, possibly combining both cards into a $6K total CL or thereabouts, if possible!  This would have required a separate phone call or online chat so, again, I opted to wait for now.  Conversion of the Platinum MC did result in cancellation of my $19 annual card fee, my primary goal!  Some time ago I had cancelled my third CapOne, another Platinum MC with only a $750 CL which was just not going to increase its CL any further.  (Sound familiar?)  I think my $3K CL Platinum MC was also stalled out at that limit (although at least CapOne did increase it from its original CL of $750 up to $3K!), probably because I had little chage activity on that card.  I had long ago decided to "favor" my more Prime Cards where I had better chances for future CLI's, and realized from numerous comments in this forum (thanks!) that CapOne is notorious for limiting CLI's, especially for the Platinum MC series of cards!  I am thankful to them for helping to "jump start" my ruined credit, but I eventually graduted back to the realm of Prime Cards!  I'll now see what my new Quicksilver card can do for me. . . !

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 3 of 9
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

Oh, the CSR told me that inquiries into Capital One for either telephone or on-line requests for CLI's would result in only a SOFT pull on one's credit record.  Although I still don't quite trust them!   Any comments on soft vs hard pulls for CaoOne CLI's . . . ?  (Thanks!)

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 9
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, 09Lexie! And thanks also for the numerous commens (and quite helpful!) made by others and you since I've been "lurking" on this Forum since earlier this year!  At least I'm finally in general circulation, where I can add my "two-cents" worth . . !!!

r>>
Message 6 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Don't be a stranger! We value input from all our members.

#payitforward
Message 7 of 9
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

As you say, "+1."  (!)

r>>
Message 8 of 9
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

I don't think VentureOne is lower than a Quicksilver? Anyways it seems like EVERYONE is getting it. Dunno what theyre up to but the prequal said I was eligible for any upgrades. Instant Chat approved me right away and supposedly its for people with good credit and a minimum line of 3k if you are a new applicant.

I wouldn't consider myself with good credit, but rather average credit. So who knows what theyre up to.

Congrats though OP, make sure you got the Quicksilver and not the QuicksilverOne, which carries an annual fee.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.