Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to BA avios

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Changes to BA avios

@Anonymous wrote:
I will never use BA points for long distance and international. The surcharge on international is outrageous.

For the most part i agree , there are certain ways to get around that but in general they are best used for short haul flights. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 23
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The biggest devaluation in my opinion is on the earning side. The cheapest tickets will now earn only 25% of miles travelled, which is terrible. Considering this, i will probably switch to earning aa miles when i fly over the ocean.
Luckily the short haul domestics are the same. The vile thing is that they introduced lower avios off-peak awards but only on BA metal! Thanks but no thanks. When they stop charging the ridiculous fuel surcharges (oil is at an all time low!!!) i might consider it

Actually, the lower Avios off-peak awards also apply to domestic flights - you book them on the BA web site but you travel on American Airlines.

Message 22 of 23
bigbang91
Established Contributor

just when i applied for Chase BA and transferred 100k of my precious MR points,this happened. Gotta burn them all up soon before the changes

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.