Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Barclays Apple Card!

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Changes to Barclays Apple Card!

Looking at the Barclays site and under their Retail card the Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards is an upgraded version of the previous Apple card. Not only has the design of the card changed (with EMV chip included) but you can now earn reward points redeemable for Apple gift cards. There isn't much information other than that in the description but it's new AFIAK.

Take a look:

http://www.aboutbarclaycardus.com/prodsresource_products.php

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changes to Barclays Apple Card!

oh great, they put chips on apple card, but not arrival? hmph

but about the card, it looks niiiiiiiiice, and you get apple gifts card? I think they changed the card because so many people pc their apple card to something else later Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the apple card last month. Do you think they will send out the new ones to existing card holders or are we just stuck with the ugly white card and no rewards:/

Message 3 of 55
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Interesting though I honestly have no need for any of those kinds of cards. I'm pretty content with my current MacBook.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 55
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

but about the card, it looks niiiiiiiiice, and you get apple gifts card? I think they changed the card because so many people pc their apple card to something else later Smiley LOL

Yeah I think it's strange that they put the chips on Apple card and not others. The Ring card is about to get a design change and they aren't added the chip to it immediately which doesn't make sense considering they'll have to by next year anyway. Waste of money if you ask me.

But yes, probably since lots buy the card once then PC it, they decide to added Apple gift card rewards. Makes sense for people as many upgrade their phones/ipads yearly.

Message 5 of 55
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I like the new one...it's so pretty and shiny *_* I have a feeling it will be a 1x only card although given the underwriting isn't strict, it's definitely a good choice for those new to credit/rebuilding. 

I would never need the Apple card; I'm the type to save up and then buy when I have the money. Plus I just got a new Macbook Pro earlier this year. Smiley Happy

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 6 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Hahahha.

Message 7 of 55
Jlu
Established Contributor

Thanks for the heads up OP, I have this card.

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I think it's strange that they put the chips on Apple card and not others. The Ring card is about to get a design change and they aren't added the chip to it immediately which doesn't make sense considering they'll have to by next year anyway. Waste of money if you ask me.

But yes, probably since lots buy the card once then PC it, they decide to added Apple gift card rewards. Makes sense for people as many upgrade their phones/ipads yearly.

It makes sense that Apple's card would be more attractive with the latest technology Smiley Happy

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 8 of 55
taxi818
Super Contributor

I wonder if gift card rewards will be offered to all or just new card holders. Hmmm looks better with emv. Hate the color. But if they would just offer more than 20 days to buy for 0 apr. 

Message 9 of 55
negg
Frequent Contributor

One of the better BT card out there. 15 months 0% interest 1% fee. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 10 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.