Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Barclays Apple Card!

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Changes to Barclays Apple Card!

On phone with credit anylist right now. I told 

Rep it's same card with rewards  it's not right I get lef in dark. the other csr's are clueless. Awaiting the outcome. So now transferred me to customer care. 

Message 21 of 55
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well you got lucky. She said if re apply and declined then I can transfer over. I will let it go. 

Message 22 of 55
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Well you got lucky. She said if re apply and declined then I can transfer over. I will let it go. 

Smiley Sad I don't understand why they would make one reapply for a card that was simply updated. Maybe one of the other posters who were able to upgrade will chime in later about their experience.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 23 of 55
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

There is no need to reapply for the upgrade to the new card. I logged into my account to send a secure message but decided to call instead. I dialed 1-866-603-7217. This number that can be found under the "contact us" link when you log into your account. I talked to a CSR who told me the card just came out this past Monday and that she would have to transfer me to a Credit analyst (or someone of that nature) to do the upgrade because she couldn't do it. I told the anayslt that I wanted to upgrade my current Apple card to the new one and he said okay. Read me the new Terms and Conditions with all of the rewards info, asked if I understood all of that and then proceeded to tell me that the rewards structure would take affect on my account in 3 days. My new card  is on it's way and will have the same account number etc. I can continue to use my current card until the new one comes. Then he told me I was eligible for a CLI and it didn't require a HP on my credit. I accepted that, told him thanks, and hung up. Quick and easy. Again, you don't have to reapply to get the upgrade. The CSR I initially talked to didn't know much about the new card and that's why she transferred me. Hope this helps.

This is exactly what happened to me. The CSR said "Sure, we can do that but I need to transfer you." The analyst didn't ask any questions, just said the upgrade option wasn't a problem, read me the terms and told me my new card would be here in 7 to 10 days. 

Strange that some are saying reapply. 

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 24 of 55
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

My CSR said he heard about this but his system won't let him pc me over. He said that people who have had the Barclay/Apple card for more than 90 days should be able to change over but keeps getting an error. He put me on hold and came back telling me that they have to work some kinks out. He gave me his extension and asked me to call back Monday so I wouldn't  have to jump through hoops again.

Message 25 of 55
mjban
Valued Member

I was able to PC to the new Apple Rewards Card. Just make sure you call the number at the back of your card. I called the main line (phone number at their website) and was told that I needed to re-apply. Called the number at the back of the card and was bale to make the change. 

Message 26 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

don't give up taxi! remember the "minimum 4th" rule with barclay!... though i would give about few days apart for recon.

Message 27 of 55
rdubz1
New Contributor

I was also able to pc to new apple rewards card took about 5 min 

Message 28 of 55
ravaage
Established Member

Took all of 3 min! My new card is own the way! Thanks for sharing OP! 

3x points on apple purchases

2x points on restraunts/dining

Looks like I will be using this card more often! 

Current FICOs: (10-27-14) EQ- 655 / EX- 659 / TU- 653

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 / CapitalOne Quicksilver $3,000 / Barclaycard Rewards $2,500 / Barclaycard Apple $1,200 / CapitalOne Platinum $750 / Macy's $600 / Chase Freedom $500

In the garden as of 11/04/2014
Message 29 of 55
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

I've called 5 times in 3 days. I keep getting denied a pc and am told that their system shows I have the best available offer. If I want the rewards card, I need to reapply and then they will transfer everything over. I've been stuck with barclay at $1700 for over 2 years and have always been in good standing. I haven't received a complimentary fico score from them since February. CSR asked to take it up with TU, meanwhile discover has no issue. Completely useless.

Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.