cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Capital One Secured Cards Coming??

tag
hitch345
Valued Member

Changes to Capital One Secured Cards Coming??

So I logged into my Capital One account to marvel at the now $0.00 balance showing for my two secured cards when I clicked on "Deals" at the top.  I had looked there previously and it always said no deals available for your card.  There is now the below message:

"This program was discontinued February 2014 so we can focus on exciting new features for your card. If you have any questions, please give us a call at the number on the back of your card. As always, thank you for being a Capital One customer."

I know they don't PC or give any rewards to secured cards, but I thought this was interesting.  I have had my cards for 2 years this June.   They have served their purpose and they are what they are, but I'm curious if they maybe are going to make some changes to this program they have.  

Starting Score: 495 Oct 2013
Current Score: 685 Jan 2015 FICO EQ
Goal Score: (Old 680) New Goal of 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Changes to Capital One Secured Cards Coming??

@hitch345 wrote:

So I logged into my Capital One account to marvel at the now $0.00 balance showing for my two secured cards when I clicked on "Deals" at the top.  I had looked there previously and it always said no deals available for your card.  There is now the below message:

"This program was discontinued February 2014 so we can focus on exciting new features for your card. If you have any questions, please give us a call at the number on the back of your card. As always, thank you for being a Capital One customer."

I know they don't PC or give any rewards to secured cards, but I thought this was interesting.  I have had my cards for 2 years this June.   They have served their purpose and they are what they are, but I'm curious if they maybe are going to make some changes to this program they have.  

No changes to the secured card that I am aware of. Deals were also available to unsecured holders who get the same message when clicking on them. I think Cap-1 has bigger fish to fry, namely their new T&Cs.

Message 2 of 6
hitch345
Valued Member

Gotcha.  I didn't think so.  I was just curious because it never said anything like that before.  I wasn't getting my hopes up at all.  I'll be apping for the Quicksilver this Spring anyways.  

Starting Score: 495 Oct 2013
Current Score: 685 Jan 2015 FICO EQ
Goal Score: (Old 680) New Goal of 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@hitch345 wrote:

I can almost guarantee any changes they happen to make will not be exciting in any way...lol...Smiley Frustrated!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

Smiley Frustrated Exciting new features huh? Highly doubt it! Can't wait to ditch mine Sept.
Message 5 of 6
newUser0
Established Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@hitch345 wrote:

I can almost guarantee any changes they happen to make will not be exciting in any way...lol...Smiley Frustrated!

+1

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.