Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Chase apps

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Changes to Chase apps

Chase will now deny apps for cards if people have receieved the bonus on that card within the last 24 months. They used to still approve the card but not give the bonus in the past. I doubt this will impact many people as most will likely wait until they can get the bonus again but for the few people who may have considered reapping for a card they closed where they receieved the bonus in the past 24 months its worth noting. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Saleen099
Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changes to Chase apps

When does the window reset? First you said "received bonus within the last 24 months" then you said "closed card within the last 24 months". So If I open the card today and get my bonus next month and close one year later, do I have to wait until 7/19, 8/19, 7/20, or 8/20 to be approved again?

Message 3 of 6
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Chase will now deny apps for cards if people have receieved the bonus on that card within the last 24 months. They used to still approve the card but not give the bonus in the past. I doubt this will impact many people as most will likely wait until they can get the bonus again but for the few people who may have considered reapping for a card they closed in the past 24 months its worth noting. 

From your recent two posts... it seems that you follow DOC quite closely! Smiley Wink why dont you post the link to his blog? Lots of great information there.

@Anonymous wrote:

When does the window reset? First you said "received bonus within the last 24 months" then you said "closed card within the last 24 months". So If I open the card today and get my bonus next month and close one year later, do I have to wait until 7/19, 8/19, 7/20, or 8/20 to be approved again?

The window reset 24 months from when your bonus posted to the account. He/she just wanted to make a point that closing account has nothing to do with it and that people closed the account need to keep track when they received the bonus from that account before applying for the same card to get the bonus again. 

If you get bonus next month and close one year later, you will have to wait until after Aug 2019 to receive the bonus again. So your next card application should be after Aug 2019 if my understanding is correct. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if Chase's rules help them at all. There is a big article in Wall Street Journal about how much money they have lost on the Reserve card.   

Message 5 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if Chase's rules help them at all. There is a big article in Wall Street Journal about how much money they have lost on the Reserve card.   

Yea they want to cut like $200 or $220 million from that department. It raises some questions about whether or not they will cut benefits from the card. Right now I am considering keeping the card, but if they start making cuts (depending on what they are) that could drastically impact my calculations. I have a feeling that a number of people who went for that card had no intention of keeping it beyond the first year. The only question is are they going to move their points and close it out or will they just downgrade to the CSP. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.