Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing CC Due Date?

tag
MMB85
Contributor

Changing CC Due Date?

I want to align my 3 credit cards to having the same due date so it is just simplier to keep track of things. My question is, does chaging the due date also change the cycle date range? I am hoping it does. For example, my Discover card has a due date of the 14th of each month. My cyle is from 20th of month A to the 19th of Month B. If I change the due dae, will that also change the cycle date range?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Changing CC Due Date?

Yes changing the due date will change the statement date. You are generally allowed 1 due date change every calendar year.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@MMB85 wrote:

I want to align my 3 credit cards to having the same due date so it is just simplier to keep track of things. My question is, does chaging the due date also change the cycle date range? I am hoping it does. For example, my Discover card has a due date of the 14th of each month. My cyle is from 20th of month A to the 19th of Month B. If I change the due dae, will that also change the cycle date range?

If you change Discover due date they will skip the next statement !

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 6
MMB85
Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@MMB85 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to miss a Discover FICO statement. So I will probabaly keep their date and change my other 2 credit cards. 

Message 4 of 6
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@MMB85 wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@MMB85 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to miss a Discover FICO statement. So I will probabaly keep their date and change my other 2 credit cards. 

I think missing one free FICO score is worth moving all of your credit card due dates in line with each other. I moved all of mine to the 1-3, so I know that by the middle of the month everything is done reporting and I can get an up to date score. Also, I can decide at the end of the month which cards to PIF prior to statement cut, and which ones to let report a balance.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 5 of 6
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

@MMB85 wrote:

I think missing one free FICO score is worth moving all of your credit card due dates in line with each other. I moved all of mine to the 1-3, so I know that by the middle of the month everything is done reporting and I can get an up to date score. Also, I can decide at the end of the month which cards to PIF prior to statement cut, and which ones to let report a balance.

I'm leaning this way myself, or at least getting the cards to two due dates (first of the month, middle of the month). That way if I decide to pursue new credit, I can do my PIFs but still use a card or cards without worrying about surprise reporting. Right now I have them scattered over two weeks in the middle of the month. Since I auto-pay, it no longer matters that I have due dates offset, and since I'm mostly PIF, it matters even less. Smiley Happy 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.