Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Due Dates

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Changing Due Dates

I have mine mostly clumped twice a month, so that I can spread the damage over two paychecks.

I can see how if someone has a huge bill once a month, like a mortgage or rent, it might make sense to make all the CC's due two weeks later or before.

I do like having the dates clumped, though. The one thing is if I get busy and fail to pay attention to dates, I can get three extra accounts reporting balances, just like that. More of an issue for those of us who play the score optimizing game.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like to lump all my due dates at the same time. I like to have my statement cut around the 19, 20, or 21st of the month. A few days to let the statement cut, then I like to PIF on the last day of the month, and still have paid ahead of the due date by 2 weeks.

Discover won't let me change my due date for a few more months but I already changed my Chase due date. They normally have their due date on the first of the month. Since I set my due date on the 16th does that mean my next statement will be 15 days longer? or will I just have two smaller statement periods instead?

Message 12 of 18
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I like to lump all my due dates at the same time. I like to have my statement cut around the 19, 20, or 21st of the month. A few days to let the statement cut, then I like to PIF on the last day of the month, and still have paid ahead of the due date by 2 weeks.

Discover won't let me change my due date for a few more months but I already changed my Chase due date. They normally have their due date on the first of the month. Since I set my due date on the 16th does that mean my next statement will be 15 days longer? or will I just have two smaller statement periods instead?

Exactly what im thinking...seems like something has gotta give one way or another....in my case id rather shorter so my reports update sooner and i can continue my grand plan. lol

Message 13 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

I have most of mine towards the end of the month as I know my mortgage is due within the first 2 weeks of the month no mattter who my mortgage servicer is

Message 14 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dadaluma how long have you had the discover account and when did they say you could change it?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 18
SenorDragon
Valued Member

@dadaluma and LS2982: When I opened my Discover a few months back, I couldn't change the date online but a quick call to their customer service took care of it so you guys may want to give that a shot.

Message 16 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SenorDragon wrote:

@dadaluma and LS2982: When I opened my Discover a few months back, I couldn't change the date online but a quick call to their customer service took care of it so you guys may want to give that a shot.

I'm still waiting for a mine to come in the mail. Is it possible to change the statement closing date?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my discover card this past January. Online it said I couldnt change my due date until may. Unlike Chase it seems you have to wait a few statement periods to change your date with discover.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.