Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Reporting Date

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

Changing Reporting Date

Good day to everyone,

I remember seeing this before but I cannot locate it on the forum. I made two large payments that will lower my credit utilization quite a bit, but they will not report for 3 weeks. Is there a way of calling and getting them to report sooner?

I appreciate the assistance.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Changing Reporting Date

I remember reading about this too…IIRC, there was a way that mortgage lenders could force an updated score through an immediate pull. I forget what this process is called.

You can also contact CCC to change due date, thus changing closing and reporting dates.

Message 2 of 5
missjae
Established Contributor

You can try calling and asking for a mid cycle update. They may or may not honor your request.

I also read before that someone changed their address with the CCC (same address but with a slight variation) to force an update. This was for BofA and I think it worked. I tried it and it didn't work for me.

Generally, in this situation, you have to wait till the CCC updates your report.
Message 3 of 5
Stralem
Established Contributor

Yeah, just call in and ask for a mid cycle update. I've done it before with Barclays and they did it no questions asked. Don't know about other lenders, though.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 4 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

One term that's used in the mortgage industry is "rapid rescoring".

I don't think it's available at the consumer level, unless a specific CC company will accommodate you.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.