Valued Contributor
John060675

Changing Reporting Date

Good day to everyone,

I remember seeing this before but I cannot locate it on the forum. I made two large payments that will lower my credit utilization quite a bit, but they will not report for 3 weeks. Is there a way of calling and getting them to report sooner?

I appreciate the assistance.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
lhcole77

Re: Changing Reporting Date

I remember reading about this too…IIRC, there was a way that mortgage lenders could force an updated score through an immediate pull. I forget what this process is called.

You can also contact CCC to change due date, thus changing closing and reporting dates.

Established Contributor
missjae

You can try calling and asking for a mid cycle update. They may or may not honor your request.

I also read before that someone changed their address with the CCC (same address but with a slight variation) to force an update. This was for BofA and I think it worked. I tried it and it didn't work for me.

Generally, in this situation, you have to wait till the CCC updates your report.
Frequent Contributor
Stralem

Yeah, just call in and ask for a mid cycle update. I've done it before with Barclays and they did it no questions asked. Don't know about other lenders, though.

財布に入っているカード

なかなかいいコレクションだよな~
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
user5387

One term that's used in the mortgage industry is "rapid rescoring".

I don't think it's available at the consumer level, unless a specific CC company will accommodate you.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}