Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing cards FICO now 672 on EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing cards FICO now 672 on EQ

Because of a prior BK which was discharged 2+ years ago, I had to get a First Premiere card which has an annual fee of $125, it has been almost a year and in Sept they will charge the fee again.  My goal is to change to another credit card with lower or no annual fee and close the prior account. 

Based on my 672 FICO score on EQ, which card do you think I have a decent chance to be accepted by?  I dont want to be declined.  I have been paying on time and have a $150 bal with a $500 limit now.   Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: Changing cards FICO now 672 on EQ

i applied for a Discover (Miles) card back in May when my EQ score was around the same range as yours and they approved me.  try calling them and chat them up to check how they will see your BK.

Message 2 of 9
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

i applied for a Discover (Miles) card back in May when my EQ score was around the same range as yours and they approved me.  try calling them and chat them up to check how they will see your BK.

BK is no good for Discover...at least this close to the discharge.  

I've had luck with Barclays (Juniper) and Cap One this close to BK.  You can probably look into Barclays Apple Financing or iTunes as well.  I think Cap One has a credit steps card now that can get you cash back as well.  You also may want to see if you qualify for the Housrhold Bank 2% rewards card with no annual fee.       

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will also suggest Cap1, they are a good rebuilder CC and will approve their rebuilder CC's rather easily, however I do not have any idea how they view BK's.

$39 AF is better than 150!!!! I would go for the Cap1 No Hassle Rewards, if you get into the Credit Steps you should initially be approved for 500 and after the 5th statement you will be CLI'd to 750 (at least I was last year when rebuilding).

Best of Luck!!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Capitol One Cash Rewards card and was approved!  $500 limit and they said should receive with 7-10 business days.  Thanks everyone!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the Capitol One Cash Rewards card and was approved!  $500 limit and they said should receive with 7-10 business days.  Thanks everyone!

Congratulations!!!

Do you know if you are in the credit steps program?

The Cash Rewards CC is actually not a bad card for cash back, not great by any means, but its decent.

Congrats again!!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 didnt indicate if I am in the credit steps program, but from what I read in other posts should receive correspondence in the future from them if I am in the program.

Thanks again.

Message 7 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Check out Household Bank (HSBC product).   They have a 2% rewards card, with reasonable AF ($39).   They may offer you the secured version (no AF 1st year).  Either way, a very good deal for rebuilders.   

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried HSBC/Household as well, but they only offered the secured card and thats why I went with Capitol One

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.