Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from Freedom to Freedom Plus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing from Freedom to Freedom Plus

Sorry, maybe its kinda off topic on myFico.com. But what is the criteria of going from normal Freedom (which I downgraded from a Freedom Visa Signature), to Freedom Plus?

edit: I split this off from "Best "road warrior" travel card?" as it was off on a tangent from OP's question, which didn't seem answered yet. The only thing that I changed was to insert a new thread title.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-02-2009 02:54 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing from Freedom to Freedom Plus

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry, maybe its kinda off topic on myFico.com. But what is the criteria of going from normal Freedom (which I downgraded from a Freedom Visa Signature), to Freedom Plus?

edit: I split this off from "Best "road warrior" travel card?" as it was off on a tangent from OP's question, which didn't seem answered yet. The only thing that I changed was to insert a new thread title.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-02-2009 02:54 PM

Under the regular Freedom rewards program, rewards are capped monthly. The Freedom Plus program does NOT cap your rewards. The Plus program has a $30 annual fee (no fee for regular Freedom), BUT if you heavily use the card, you will easily get this fee back and then some.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing from Freedom to Freedom Plus

I've been using my Blue Cash since 1 year and a half ago. I spent about 20k-25k the first year and got $300 cash back. So far this year (~ 6 month), I have earned $200 cash back already. I know the information is not much in detail, so my questions are:

1) Would it be beneficial (more cash back) to charge entirely on the Chase Freedom Plus?

2) Should I accept being a Visa Signature card? (They offered me but I downgraded back for the credit line reporting issue that affects the credit score. But i like to use AMEX because it offers various protection and warranty benefits. Maybe Visa Signature offers the similar deals too?!)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.