Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the billing date for your account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing the billing date for your account

Quick, easy and painless... at least with Cap 1. I wanted a billing date that worked a little better for me during the month. Called Cap 1 and was VERY HAPPY to not talk to Peggy! American representitive took care of it in a minute. I've also done this for my Cap 1 Auto Loan a few months ago and AT&T. DirecTV doesn't allow for this.  Just makes life a little easier sometimes. 

btw- I tried to do it with Orchard but they are updating their system and don't offer that right now. Should be able to do it in the near future.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Changing the billing date for your account

Most of my creditors allow tis change as well.  I have mine set up so that most of my cards statements come out at about the same time either at the beginning or middle of the month.  This makes my budgeting easier as I plan my expenses in relation to my middle-of-month or end-of-month paychecks.... kind of like, i get paid at the end of the month: i pay all the bills due and my cards report to the CRAs.  i get paid again mid-month:  i pay all the bills that are due and my remaining cards report to the CRAs.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
john398
Senior Contributor

For Budget purposes I have mine around the 23 as my mortgage is due in the begining of the month

As for AT&T and direct tv dont you pay that with credit cards? that way you can get rewards

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, but I pay on my credit cards then use them for most of the month's expenses. Changing a few of the dates moved them into a correct timeframe for me.

Message 4 of 5
YahComb
Established Contributor

right now my setup is 3 cards 15th-19th, 3 cards 23rd-25th. Makes it a little easier to not have to micromanage so much like when they're all closing within the same 3-5 days. Since im ready for some gardening i don't have to worry so much about keeping utizilation down though anymore.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.