mokong
Regular Contributor

Re: Charge cards are the best!

im having fun reading this thread.Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 59
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

My guess is that if you park 500k in a Centurion Savings account they will let you spend a good fraction of that on a charge card. They are really a different animal and cater to high spenders many of whom have less than stellar credit.

If you spend a lot with them they will look beyond credit reports.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 54 of 59
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@Scene wrote:

Sorry people! Didn't mean to start a war or anything, I just wanted to express my feelings on having a charge card with a flexible limit despite my previous card having a measly 400 limit. I probably haven't received a FR yet because I have a personal savings account with American Express and I loaded it with $500,000 and my parents have a Centurion with American Express (I was AU under that card before I got my Zync) so I should be safe from the dreaded FR.

I could have elected for a Centurion but I was more appealed towards the white color and the Zync highly contrasts against my black Chase student card.

Whether you spent the $187K or not what matters is that you're enjoying the card... Have fun!!!

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 55 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading this post reminds me of my good ol' days. Smiley Wink  

I worked in Century City for over 30 years, shopped in that Westfield mall, also shopped in Beverly Hills. But now, because I live closer to it, I sometimes shop at the South Coast Plaza mall. 

And, I actually think OP has a good point.  I am using my little toy builder ccs like charge cards, paying everything in full every month, I think charge cards are just fine. 

Message 56 of 59
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

ENJOY! And yes, I hear the charge cards are an advantageous route for the fortunate PIFs.Smiley Wink  Not all of us are able. LOL!Smiley LOL Enjoy and live in the day, just leave something for tomorrow.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 57 of 59
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

Really 187k on a Zync Card?

Dont dig this old old thread up!!! it was terrible and so full of it

Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 58 of 59
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would think if AMEX knew you had the money to back up the charges (in their bank) they would let you go with it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.