Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges Made on Closing Date

tag
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

Re: Charges Made on Closing Date .

No it was the CU with the "Visa/PSL combo"  PS my credit score went down 18 points!!!!  Smiley Mad Top it off.a weird address popped up on my EQ report today... I applied for a new apt bldg last week and it looks like someone  on the inside is trying to steal from my clean slate.... JUST NOT MY WEEK I tell you! Im just gon laugh it off 2day.

Message 11 of 15
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Well HSBC seems to report the balance on the last day of the month rather than the statement date so each creditor can make up there own rulesRe

Last month, HSBC reported statement balance to one CR and the end of the month to another.   I think they are in transition to statement closing.

As far as I know, Reporting is voluntary and they can report whenever they want or not at all.

Message 12 of 15
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL wrote:

No it was the CU with the "Visa/PSL combo"  PS my credit score went down 18 points!!!!  Smiley Mad Top it off.a weird address popped up on my EQ report today... I applied for a new apt bldg last week and it looks like someone  on the inside is trying to steal from my clean slate.... JUST NOT MY WEEK I tell you! Im just gon laugh it off 2day.

Smiley Happy  That's what you should do, exactly!  Laugh it off!

There are no numbers for what you need in life to make you happy.  The numbers that are there (like FICO scores) are just tools that you can tweak and use to your benefit, at whim.

Please don't be a slave to those numbers...they're just numbers, used by institutions who want to make money from you. 

If it makes you happier to charge a few bucks for things you want, then go by their rules.  If it doesn't, then don't.

No matter what, I think you'll do OK.

Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

I agree. The timing was just bad because I was in the middle of trying to move. In my major city you have to have a certain FICO to get an apt without extra security. They treat us like we're trying to get a mortgage or something. LOL

Nonetheless,  I'm going to stick to the plan and just laugh it all off. Everything happens for a reason....and if the person who tried to steal my ID is at the real estate company... I'll be a be getting some other kinda numbers if you know what I mean. They had the nerves to do a bg check on me... when they're hiring criminals. The timing, date and location all point to them! As for the CU...I'm over em...bigger issues now.

Thanks for putting me on the right track Uborrow-Upay Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 15
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Smiley Happy

(We'll be here all week!)

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.