Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargesmart.com

tag
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chargesmart.com

https://www.chase.com/gift-cards

Also many people and blogs have posted that this card is accepted at bluebird.

No more credit cards for me so I am either going to continue with my bcp/freedom plan or put every month and all utilities on my Hyatt card to redeem rewards at 20k/year.
Message 41 of 54
Open123
Super Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:
https://www.chase.com/gift-cards

Also many people and blogs have posted that this card is accepted at bluebird.

No more credit cards for me so I am either going to continue with my bcp/freedom plan or put every month and all utilities on my Hyatt card to redeem rewards at 20k/year.

Nice deal, I wasn't privy to the fee waiver because of the shortage at the branch.  Thanks for the link!

Message 42 of 54
rkinnahan
New Contributor

Any confirmation here on MyFico that you can use these cards for a bluebird account up?  I just briefly went through the T&C and I could see this being kosher or not kosher.  I know its a total YMMV thing, but am hoping to hear from others who may have done this before.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 43 of 54
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

There are many reliable reviews saying that it works directly with bluebird so I wouldn't worry.
Message 44 of 54
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

So what's the benefit of purchasing this Chase Debit card and using it to load BlueBird? You won't be earning 6% like BCP.

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 45 of 54
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Just getting pure points instead of having to pay straight out of my checking account. I really see it as a win win either way because regardless I will be maxing the 6k rewards with the bcp anyway due to my grocery spending. Because I can't beat it and its transferable to Hyatt points, I will buy my first set of giftcards at kohls for julys rent and then probably do each month with my Hyatt card (aka ill buy it off the chase website and bluebird it).
Message 46 of 54
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

I didn't specify that I will use my freedom for the kohls/July rent giftcards. 7500 points and maxes out my 1500$ limit for quarterly rewards.
Message 47 of 54
Open123
Super Contributor

Since UR points are worth 2.5 cents when used opportunistically, I see nothing wrong with earning them at a 1:1 ratio for an expense (rent) which has to be paid regardless, especially since there's a Walmart 5 minutes away.

Message 48 of 54
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Kohls doesn't sell visa gift cards.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 49 of 54
enharu
Super Contributor

To OP: 

Open pretty much understood what I meant. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

But you shouldn't buy gift cards using your BCP. You have no problems meeting the cap anyhow, so it's pointless to buy GCs using your BCP. American Express is also probably the most sensitive out of all lenders when it comes to GC purchases, so it's best to go easy on your Amex cards.

Like Open said, Chase UR points can be worth 2-4ccp if you redeem it the right way. So even if it's a 1:1 exchange where you're basically breaking even, it might still be worthwhile if you're hell bent on squeezing those few cents out. It honestly boils down to how much free time you have or whether you're bothered enough to go through this trouble.

Like all things in life, do it in moderation if you want to keep the account. Banks do not like it when you make visa / VR purchases using credit cards. However, 1-2k in GC purchases each month most likely shouldn't cause any problems in most scenarios. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.