Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,224
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: Chargesmart.com


jenn_bar wrote:

My point of this is to avoid service fees. (I don't know if this is possible, but I hope so!)


Me too!

 

I don't like service fees and make every effort to avoid them whenever possible.  For rent, it's much harder, unless you're willing to use Bluebird and go through some inconvenience.

 

Is there a Walmart in close proximity to you?

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 317
Registered: ‎05-24-2013
0

Re: Chargesmart.com


Open123 wrote:

jenn_bar wrote:

My point of this is to avoid service fees. (I don't know if this is possible, but I hope so!)


Me too!

 

I don't like service fees and make every effort to avoid them whenever possible.  For rent, it's much harder, unless you're willing to use Bluebird and go through some inconvenience.

 

Is there a Walmart in close proximity to you?


yes!!!

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,224
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: Chargesmart.com


jenn_bar wrote:

Open123 wrote:

jenn_bar wrote:

My point of this is to avoid service fees. (I don't know if this is possible, but I hope so!)


Me too!

 

I don't like service fees and make every effort to avoid them whenever possible.  For rent, it's much harder, unless you're willing to use Bluebird and go through some inconvenience.

 

Is there a Walmart in close proximity to you?


yes!!!


In that case, you can use Bluebird to pay your rent free and whatever bills free of charge.  You'd have to physically to to a Walmart to load your account, but if it's convenient, it should be an issue.

 

There are countless creative and legal ways to load a Bluebird with a CC at a physical Walmart.  This is what I would do for my bills if a Walmart were close to me.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
Posts: 13,430
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Chargesmart.com


jenn_bar wrote:

Open123 wrote:

jenn_bar wrote:

My point of this is to avoid service fees. (I don't know if this is possible, but I hope so!)


Me too!

 

I don't like service fees and make every effort to avoid them whenever possible.  For rent, it's much harder, unless you're willing to use Bluebird and go through some inconvenience.

 

Is there a Walmart in close proximity to you?


yes!!!


Not quite sure what Open123 has mind as usually there will still be small fees, but there are some exceptions.

 

Basically, you need to by Visa/MC Gift Cards (usually there is a fee of $4.95 for $500, but through Chase for example you can sometimes get them with no fee.)

Then you can load them onto your Bluebird at no charge at Walmart (you can do it on line, but there is a very small limit and a $2 fee).  Then bluebird can be used to pay your rent.

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,224
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: Chargesmart.com


longtimelurker wrote:

Not quite sure what Open123 has mind as usually there will still be small fees, but there are some exceptions.

 

Basically, you need to by Visa/MC Gift Cards (usually there is a fee of $4.95 for $500, but through Chase for example you can sometimes get them with no fee.)

Then you can load them onto your Bluebird at no charge at Walmart (you can do it on line, but there is a very small limit and a $2 fee).  Then bluebird can be used to pay your rent.


Yeah, prepaid debits with a pin#; or, even...er...VRs.  Buy them at supermarkets with your BCP for the 6%.

 

Don't want to advocate this or anything, but is the 5X Citi drugstore card still around?

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Chargesmart.com

Open123, the 5X offer is still around. It is for the thank you card, instead of the thank you preferred, and the application has to be done in a branch. Longtimelurker posted a thread about this before
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 317
Registered: ‎05-24-2013
0

Re: Chargesmart.com

Ah my rent is 1340 so those fees would basically add up to the $20 that they want to charge me period! Guess I'm out of luck. I'll have to check out chase but I hope that means I could use my cc to purchase and not debit.

I can't use any kind of plastic for rent unless I want to incur the fee. So it would have to be a physical check or money order.
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,224
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: Chargesmart.com


jenn_bar wrote:
Ah my rent is 1340 so those fees would basically add up to the $20 that they want to charge me period! Guess I'm out of luck. I'll have to check out chase but I hope that means I could use my cc to purchase and not debit.

Not if you could buy $500 GCs at 5% return.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 317
Registered: ‎05-24-2013
0

Re: Chargesmart.com


Open123 wrote:

jenn_bar wrote:
Ah my rent is 1340 so those fees would basically add up to the $20 that they want to charge me period! Guess I'm out of luck. I'll have to check out chase but I hope that means I could use my cc to purchase and not debit.

Not if you could buy $500 GCs at 5% return.


Very true, but I need to get it as a check....

 

Can you get a money order with a gift card since it's considered cash?

Super Contributor
Posts: 13,430
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Chargesmart.com


jenn_bar wrote:
Ah my rent is 1340 so those fees would basically add up to the $20 that they want to charge me period! Guess I'm out of luck. I'll have to check out chase but I hope that means I could use my cc to purchase and not debit.

I can't use any kind of plastic for rent unless I want to incur the fee. So it would have to be a physical check or money order.

Chase had/has an offer where you can buy the cards at cost, charged as purchase, not cash advance.  As open123 suggests, with the right cards the fee doesn't matter, if you buy a $500 card at a supermarket with a BCP, you pay $4.95 but get $30 back. 

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.