cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charles Schwab Backdoor or Executive Office?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Charles Schwab Backdoor or Executive Office?

Just use the backdoor CRA fax/dispute number. Send 'em a letter describing your situation and that you'll tell the CFPB. That worked to get my Citi hard pull removed.
All of this bs you guys are giving this poster about how he just has to deal with the hp is garbage.
Regardless of if it's a "permissible" purpose, the BANK did NOT tell the Customer. I'm CERTAIN had the op known, he wouldn't have gone through with it.
At least Discover has the decency to tell you when they need to HP. I'm sick and tired of these banks hard pulling folks without even telling them.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Just use the backdoor CRA fax/dispute number. Send 'em a letter describing your situation and that you'll tell the CFPB. That worked to get my Citi hard pull removed.
All of this bs you guys are giving this poster about how he just has to deal with the hp is garbage.
Regardless of if it's a "permissible" purpose, the BANK did NOT tell the Customer. I'm CERTAIN had the op known, he wouldn't have gone through with it.
At least Discover has the decency to tell you when they need to HP. I'm sick and tired of these banks hard pulling folks without even telling them.

On their application page it says, "We will use this information to perform a credit inquiry with Equifax, an independent credit agency, to verify your identity. The questions on the next screen will be generated by Equifax and will ask you to identify which installment and revolving credit amounts (such as mortgage or other loans), and their associated payments, may be yours.". I'm not sure if this is what shane82388 saw, but it's there for me. They do not have to tell you if it will be soft or hard, just that they will look at the reports. The only one I've seen is PNC that directly says that the inquiry will not lower the scores. If you look at applications, they will say something about by submitting you authorise them to look at a credit report or something like that.

Message 12 of 14
TheConductor
Established Contributor

In addition, even before that page navigatethis12 mentions, on the page with all the terms documents: 

"(8) authorize the Bank to inquire from any 

source, including a consumer reporting 
agency, as to my identity (as required by 
federal law), creditworthiness and ongoing 
eligibility for the account and other information at account opening, at any time 
throughout the life of the account, and 
thereafter for debt collection or investigative 
purposes;"

Schwab Bank Application Online Account Terms: https://client.schwab.com/secure/file/P-1695144/APP38165-10-WB_Terms.pdf

"If you are not able to view the electronic documents above or do not agree with the representations above, please exit this electronic transfer process by closing the window. This is a one-time consent for this electronic application process. Exiting will constitute the withdrawal of your consent. If you check the I Consent box below, we will create an electronic record of your consent."

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 13 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Sorry youngandcreditwrthy, I realize this may be your input; however, what has been stated previously to the OP is not "bs".  Permissible purpose is just that - implied consent with the signed/acknowledged agreement AT ANY TIME by the FCRA statutory guidance.

Navigatethis12 and TheConductor have pointed out what is in the provisions of the FCRA in addition to the end-user agreement/T&C.  Now, whether Schwab decides to remove the inquiry is their own call but it's doubtful.  And, IIRC Citi is not Schwab...each lender is different and their policies vary.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.