Chartway Federal Credit Union VISA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chartway Federal Credit Union VISA

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

The posts were removed because an employee of Chartway was spamming in this thread. Ya know drumming up business, which is a no, no in these forums. There were posts by forum members who quoted the spammer which makes editing and changes tricky. It was decided to remove all of the posts. 

I didn't see it as spamming.  In fact, I wish more credit card companies had representatives here on myFICO.

Actually I thought the post was, rather than spam, an answer to my question of WTH was Chartway.

It was deemed as spam. No one is allowed to post info on the company they work for, or  a company they own in these forums. That said, I think some of the info that was shared was helpful, but the rules are very clear. Thank you for your concerns!

That is doing a great disservice to forum members -- especially since I was hoping he would answer some of my questions and share a little about their approval criteria.

Message 11 of 40
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

The posts were removed because an employee of Chartway was spamming in this thread. Ya know drumming up business, which is a no, no in these forums. There were posts by forum members who quoted the spammer which makes editing and changes tricky. It was decided to remove all of the posts. 

I didn't see it as spamming.  In fact, I wish more credit card companies had representatives here on myFICO.

Actually I thought the post was, rather than spam, an answer to my question of WTH was Chartway.

It was deemed as spam. No one is allowed to post info on the company they work for, or  a company they own in these forums. That said, I think some of the info that was shared was helpful, but the rules are very clear. Thank you for your concerns!

That is doing a great disservice to forum members -- especially since I was hoping he would answer some of my questions and share a little about their approval criteria.

I admitted that some of the info was helpful but, again, I'm (we the mods are)  assigned with the task of enforcing spamming rules in these forums.

Message 12 of 40
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

For those looking for more information about Chartway CU.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

For those looking for more information about Chartway CU.

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Obvious, but not, obviously, the same as having the organization themselves answer questions about their underwriting.

Message 14 of 40
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Obvious, but not, obviously, the same as having the organization themselves answer questions about their underwriting.

It's even better. There is a "Chat With Chartway" feature. A real time chat is much faster than exchanging messages here.

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Message 15 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's even better. There is a "Chat With Chartway" feature. A real time chat is much faster than exchanging messages here.

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

You're missing the point.

The questions we tried getting Chartway to answer right here are questions we spend hundreds of posts in countless threads trying to get answered -- often in failure.  You are now saying that it is far more convenient and reliable for each individual forum member  to go over and do a "Chat With Chartway" to ask the same questions repeatedly?

Logic is on vacation in this thread.

Message 16 of 40
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Before the post got zapped, I had a chance to see it and almost posted on Chartway myself, and would have if I wasn't vacationing at the time. Whenever a rep of a given company or business posts about their own website or business, because of self-promotion, their view will always be a bit biased. In other words, they are using myFICO as a platform to advertise. In the past, we also had issues of imposters posting promos of a given company only to mask their URL and promote it for financial gain via affiliate links and so forth. Because of this, we tend to zap self-promoting links out of an abundance of caution to protect the poster. I'm certainly not saying this poster had ill-intent, in fact, Chartway is regionally well-known in the VA Tidewater area, but he/she can always contact an Admin and offer to post info via those means. Chartway is far cry from a Noname Mortgage Services Co, for example, but caution is exercised nonetheless.

Per Chartway, I have no direct experience. I can tell you, and certainly this is old info, that having worked and lived in the Norfolk/Suffolk/VA Beach areas that Chartway was a favorite among many friends and classmates. I used to bank with NationsBank or FirstUnion (I'm dating myself) and my friends were always trying to sell me on their CU.

Message 17 of 40
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You're missing the point.

The questions we tried getting Chartway to answer right here are questions we spend hundreds of posts in countless threads trying to get answered -- often in failure.  You are now saying that it is far more convenient and reliable for each individual forum member  to go over and do a "Chat With Chartway" to ask the same questions repeatedly?

Logic is on vacation in this thread.

I appreciate your opinion.

Message 18 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

Before the post got zapped, I had a chance to see it and almost posted on Chartway myself, and would have if I wasn't vacationing at the time. Whenever a rep of a given company or business posts about their own website or business, because of self-promotion, their view will always be a bit biased. In other words, they are using myFICO as a platform to advertise. In the past, we also had issues of imposters posting promos of a given company only to mask their URL and promote it for financial gain via affiliate links and so forth. Because of this, we tend to zap self-promoting links out of an abundance of caution to protect the poster. I'm certainly not saying this poster had ill-intent, in fact, Chartway is regionally well-known in the VA Tidewater area, but he/she can always contact an Admin and offer to post info via those means. Chartway is far cry from a Noname Mortgage Services Co, for example, but caution is exercised nonetheless.

Per Chartway, I have no direct experience. I can tell you, and certainly this is old info, that having worked and lived in the Norfolk/Suffolk/VA Beach areas that Chartway was a favorite among many friends and classmates. I used to bank with NationsBank or FirstUnion (I'm dating myself) and my friends were always trying to sell me on their CU.

Thank you, llecs, for one of the first coherent explanations.

I agree that whatever information the Chartway rep would have posted would likely be slanted.  Still, we get slanted views from forum members all the time on particular products or credit card issuers and many of us here are skilled at taking things with a grain of salt and weeding out the b.s. 

A commonly accepted definition of spam revolves around the particular message being unsolicited.  The initial post by the Chartway rep was, in my opinion, entirely solicited by my post of "WTH is Chartway?" 

The myFICO ToS states: "Spam, such as advertisements for other web sites and services, or other commercial solicitation; chain letters, pyramid schemes, or securities offerings."  I didn't see any commercial solicitation and if, by posting the link to the Chartway Website it could have been considered an ad, then I think a mod edit would have been better than completely nuking the post and ruining whatever chances there were of the Chartway guy asking the question about their underwriting standards.

I guess I had better not tell anybody here that being in the Marines is a far better choice than being in the Navy or that post will go bye-bye, too.

Ah, NationsBank.  I liked them!

Message 19 of 40
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I hope OP has gotten his/hers answeres.

I still do not get mod's point in deleting posts. I've happened to read it and found nothing criminal, but what do I know.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.