Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase $100 Statement Credit ... Did anyone else get this email

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Chase $100 Statement Credit ... Did anyone else get this email

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I didn't want to explain the whole thing.  I got this and signed up for it for each of my Chase cards.  I didn't think I would be able to make the large payments required so I clicked "no thanks" and an offer for a lesser deal popped up.  Instead of $150, I should get $50 simply for paying minimums on time.

My question:  Have any other hurtin' losers gotten this offer and accepted it?  Note:  They didn't close my account (I was worried, like another poster, that they would do that.)  Actually, now that I think of it, they did close one of them, but not the other.  I didn't need two Chase accounts, anyway.

It turns out I was able to pay off both accounts in full.  My letter says I have to pay up through November to get the credit a few cycles after that.  Ironically, Chase is so dumb that they sent the same two letters out about a month ago and I accepted again.  I should get the credit for that in March.  I wonder if they're dumb enough to double-pay me.  Or if the second acceptance will negate the first.

At any rate, I don't especially trust that they'll give me anything, even though I printed out the "confirmation of enrollment in program" page.  I just wanted to know if anyone else is or was enrolled in this.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I spaced and violated the agreement (don't use the card, and pay all your minimums) on the smaller card by forgetting not to use it - that one was the one they later closed.  Oh well, too bad and all that.  I still want my $50 for the bigger card.  My husband is enrolled for $50 for his card.  We can't be the only ones who have enrolled in this "we'll pay you for paying regularly on your card because you appear to be a credit risk" program.  (Ironically, I always pay regularly on all of my cards, but whatever.)

Not applicable

All I can say is prior to this thread, I hadn't heard of anything like this.  I've only been with Chase since June though.

I got lost in all the posts and I still don't know how this works, but I'm assuming that it was/is legitimate.

Message 22 of 25
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

I signed up when they sent me the email back in December of 2010. Like you, I was highly suspicious of this email because Chase had been my hardest creditor to deal with during my financial problems. Interest rate raised to 29.99% even though no issues with them. 

However, I have to give them credit. Not only did they pay me the original amount promised, they also gave me an additional $10 because according to them they didn't credit my account fast enough after I completed the program.

As angry as I was at Chase in the beginning of my mess, I am now in an odd way kind of grateful. Raising my interest rate that high freaked me out enough that I finally started researching financial responsibility. I have learned so much in the past year and now understand their heavy handed tactics, not necessarily agree with them - but at least I see what I looked like from their point of view. My scores were in the low 600s, I had a recent collection and 3 60 day lates, my util was at 90% on all my CCs - all red flags that I was in serious financial trouble. They could have cancelled my account or CLD but they did not.

The paydown reward was a good motivator for me because I got something positive for basically helping myself. So, while they were tough when I was not managing my credit properly, they also were willing to reward me for doing things right. Now that I am digging myself out my mess I am glad I kept the card. They didn't cancel it when I completed the program, there is no AF and it is my highest limit card. I am hoping that when I complete my credit repair process (1 unpaid collection and util still at 41%) I can convert this card to a Freedom.

Message 23 of 25
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks for your replies, BlueNightStar and ptr2593.  I just called, expecting the CSR to say either 1. She had no knowledge of the program, 2. I'm no longer eligible since the larger card was changed, at my request, to a Freedom in the meantime, and/or 3. That the smaller card is no longer eligible because it was closed in the meantime.

To my surprise, she verified that both cards are still enrolled and due to pay the "reward" in 1-3 billing cycles.  I tried to get her to explain why the range (one month?  Two months? Three months?) but she shed no light on that.  Oh yes, and I violated the agreement by making a charge on the smaller card right away - however, they may have actually granted me clemency on that since I went ahead and paid the whole card off very soon after that.

I'm going to stop hating on Chase like you have also stopped, BlueNightStar, if they come through for me on this.  I only wish I had signed up for the larger reward, but oh well - coulda, shoulda, woulda, right?  I didn't think I'd be able to pay this stuff down.  At least I have some reward coming.

Oh  yeah, and as for my husband who is also enrolled in this - just yesterday they sent him a BT offer of 5.9% until April 2013.  The only catch is that he can enroll in this anytime between now and Dec. 31 and I can't help but think they're hoping he'll do it now and not after Nov. 30, which would violate the terms of the agreement (so they wouldn't have to pay him his reward.  Is Chase still really a snake after all?  LOL)

Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@ngerasimatos wrote:
Domain Name: CHASEPAYANDGET.COM
   Registrar: MARKMONITOR INC.
   Whois Server: whois.markmonitor.com
   Referral URL: http://www.markmonitor.com
   Name Server: UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
   Name Server: UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
   Updated Date: 19-may-2010
   Creation Date: 19-may-2010
   Expiration Date: 19-may-2020

That settles it. It's legit. Chase.com uses the same company.

Mark Monitor is a really high-end domain registrar for companies to protect their intellectual property. Most likely the domain and site are real.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.