Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 10x/$1 Best buy offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 10x/$1 Best buy offer

Just got an email promo from chase I know a few of you will be interested in. I don't watch football but I'm **bleep** sure happy to take advantage of the offer.

DON'T
BE A ROOKIE.
EARN 10X POINTS.
Use your Sapphire® card at Best Buy® for the big game. Check out using the Chase Pay app and you'll automatically earn a total of 10 points per $1 spent on up to $300 maximum in purchases.

That's 9 extra points in addition to the 1 point you always earn on purchases at Best Buy. Offer valid in-store only from January 15th to February 4th.

20180118_145125.png

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase 10x/$1 Best buy offer

Pretty nice offer if you were already planning to buy something at Best Buy.  Essentially it's up to $27 off (the 9 additional bonus points) a purchase of $300 or more, or in other words 9% if you spend exactly $300.

Really, there's only value if there's something you need from Best Buy that you can't get cheaper or tax-free elsewhere (tax is around 10% here in the Bay Area).  I haven't bought anything from Best Buy in a really long time because I have always been able to find anything I want cheaper and/or tax free elsewhere.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got this on my FU -- only an extra 8.5 points haha

The irony is that the only thing I'd buy from Best Buy right now is a new phone that would have NFC whereas my current phone does not!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happypill wrote:

Pretty nice offer if you were already planning to buy something at Best Buy.  Essentially it's up to $27 off (the 9 additional bonus points) a purchase of $300 or more, or in other words 9% if you spend exactly $300.

If redeemed for travel it's more than 9% as well!

Is it only for in-store or can you buy online and pickup in-store?  In Illinois if I order online I pay the state rate even for local pickups -- 7% versus 10% or whatever my county gouges this week.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@happypill wrote:

If redeemed for travel it's more than 9% as well!

Is it only for in-store or can you buy online and pickup in-store?  In Illinois if I order online I pay the state rate even for local pickups -- 7% versus 10% or whatever my county gouges this week.

In store only

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My email says in store only but I don't know if that means paying in store for pickup or entirely in store only. I'm assuming the latter. Research into chase pay, I'm not entirely suprised they're offering such a bonus earn. Apparently it's not a nfc payment app at all but it generates QR codes the employee then scans at the pos. Seems practically no one accepts chasepay and reviews are pretty scathing.

I need some accessories for the wife's new MacBook and planned to spend the rest on gift cards until I hit $300 then delete the app. The only thing stopping me was something in the app description in the play store mentioning how it automatically applies points earned as statement credit. It wasn't totally clear if this is by default or if you use the pay with points option from chasepay app and I need to make sure it won't go using my points.
Message 6 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My email says in store only but I don't know if that means paying in store for pickup or entirely in store only. I'm assuming the latter. Research into chase pay, I'm not entirely suprised they're offering such a bonus earn. Apparently it's not a nfc payment app at all but it generates QR codes the employee then scans at the pos. Seems practically no one accepts chasepay and reviews are pretty scathing.

I need some accessories for the wife's new MacBook and planned to spend the rest on gift cards until I hit $300 then delete the app. The only thing stopping me was something in the app description in the play store mentioning how it automatically applies points earned as statement credit. It wasn't totally clear if this is by default or if you use the pay with points option from chasepay app and I need to make sure it won't go using my points.

When I do in-store pickup at Best Buy, they only check my DL for identity. The payment is already completed online.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I do in-store pickup at Best Buy, they only check my DL for identity. The payment is already completed online.

Is that all? Don't know whether to be surprised or not about that.

Message 8 of 10
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Is that all? Don't know whether to be surprised or not about that.

They previously asked to also see the credit card used to make the purchase, but that has since stopped. I'm tempted to use this offer, but it seems like a real hassle to checkout with and it's only good on purchases up to $300...thanks, Chase.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do sell Visa Gift Cards and you could buy a $300 one (with a fee of $5.95) still a great deal!

You'd get $30 in Rewards minus the $5.95 that's a net of $24.05!

Just saying Smiley Wink

(Note this is not endorsing using this method to meet any spend requirement for bonuses or other such things)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.