cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase (2) Personal Cards in one day?

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase (2) Personal Cards in one day?

This is true & good advice, but I really dislike Capital One! I only keep it because of the AA and the $0 AF. I hope I get approved though becuase I do travel and dine so the $95 is worth it. The Hyatt card also is nice as it has an EMV chip, which is much needed in certain parts in Paris. Fees aside do you think if I can get approved? Even if I have to recon... I just don't know as I don't have much credit with them! Thanks

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 11 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

This is true & good advice, but I really dislike Capital One! I only keep it because of the AA and the $0 AF. I hope I get approved though becuase I do travel and dine so the $95 is worth it. The Hyatt card also is nice as it has an EMV chip, which is much needed in certain parts in Paris. Fees aside do you think if I can get approved? Even if I have to recon... I just don't know as I don't have much credit with them! Thanks

Have you tried Cap1's exec. office for a CLI??

I think you have a fair chance of being approves, they may want to see more history on your freedom card first.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 20
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

The way I look at it is the best way to use a rewards card is to charge pretty much everything to it and rack up points. Having multiple rewards cards just tends to dilute how many miles/points you are earning on each of them. Hard to say in terms of approval, I know you generally have to have at least one credit line of 5,000.00 or more to qualify. You seem to have a solid chance, only things working against you might be that you already have quite a bit of credit available to you and a relatively short credit history (don't worry haha, mine is just over one year myself).

The Hyatt card carries a 75.00 Annual fee as well that is not waived and has a minimum credit limit of 5,000.00 too. Chase may or may not be willing to give you another 10,000.00 of credit on top of what you already have... 

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 13 of 20
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I have not... I wanted to do that the same day I apply so the inquiries are all in one day. I guess the only thing I can do is apply and cross my fingers lol Thanks for all the advice!

Message 14 of 20
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! I guess I'll have to take my chances in the ring of credit! I appreciate all your help and advice. What credit cards do you have? If you don't mind me asking, since we have similar credit lengths. 

Message 15 of 20
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Mine are listed in the footnote of my posts

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 16 of 20
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

lol I don't know how I missed that... I'll keep everyone posted. Wish me luck Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 20
gettnthere
Established Contributor

GOODLUCK!!Smiley Wink

@nenuco wrote:

lol I don't know how I missed that... I'll keep everyone posted. Wish me luck Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

Fingers crossed for you!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

The Chase Freedom is currently at $3,000 I have not asked for a CLI though. I have two other cards with a $5,000 CL and then an AMEX with $3,000 a Citi with $4,000 and my lovely Capital One at $500. 

With only a 3k limit on the Freedom, I can see you possibly being approved for one but not both. Your age (and likely corresponding income), in addition to your lack of high limit cards and low AAoA will all work against you. You already have a lot of credit as it is. I can't realistically see Chase extending another 10k to you.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.