Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase (2) Personal Cards in one day?

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Chase (2) Personal Cards in one day?

Hello Helpful Forum Members! Thanks for all the other advice through out the forum. My next venture features an App-O-rama of 6 cards... I'm 21 and have 2+ years of credit. What are my chances of getting the Chase Sapphire Prefered and Chase Hyatt on the same day? I have heard that this is possible, but I don't know if it will be for me... Currently I have 6 credit cards, including a Chase Freedom I received back in March of this year. I have a 745 FAKO score... any advice or help would be appreciated I know it's hard as everyone has a different shot of being approved. Thanks in advance!

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase (2) Personal Cards in one day?

From what i hear to get a CSP chase likes to see other limits at 5k atleast to show you can handle a 5k CL. I have also heard of people getting the card without having the 5k CL . The reason is because CSP's bottom CL is 5k. I say go for it and if you are denied you will get a letter stating why you were denied so you know what to work on.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your current CL with the Freedom? If you do app for the two Chase cards, you may max out your total available CL with them and might have to "move" some of your CL to be accepted for all 3 cards.

Message 3 of 20
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

It is possible to get approved for 2 cards in one day, but don't be surprised if one is instant and the other is "deferred" (they give you the 7-10 day letter), and you have to call in and speak to an analyst to be approved. Sometimes they do this for fraud prevention, to make sure you actually meant to apply for 2 cards. Sometimes you may have hit their internal limit (for the amount they are willing to loan you) and you may have to re-allocate one of you credit lines on another card to get an approval.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 20
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

The Chase Freedom is currently at $3,000 I have not asked for a CLI though. I have two other cards with a $5,000 CL and then an AMEX with $3,000 a Citi with $4,000 and my lovely Capital One at $500. 

Message 5 of 20
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

The Hyatt is also a Visa Signature meaning a $5000 minimum limit. Do you think I should still try? What is their income to CL ratio? Thanks

Message 6 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Idk how you will get CSP without having a $5k limit... Just call the backdoor num and ask them what the chances are They can be helpful......
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 20
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

The Chase Freedom is currently at $3,000 I have not asked for a CLI though. I have two other cards with a $5,000 CL and then an AMEX with $3,000 a Citi with $4,000 and my lovely Capital One at $500. 

Great job on starting out your credit, but do you really need to be applying for more credit right now? You currently have over 20,000.00 in available credit, why app for more now?

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 8 of 20
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Thats true jaja but there are some really good sign-up boneses, more than that I really love Chase and their CS. I will be traveling abroad quite frequently next year so a no foreign transaction fee card would be nice. Furthermore I could transfer my points from Freedom to Ultimate Rewards!

Message 9 of 20
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

All capital One cards have no forex fees, can always use that one? Signup bonuses do a great job of luring people to apply, but consider how much you will use a card moving into the future...that 95.00 annual fee won't go away haha =P

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.