Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 2 for 1, Need Convincing!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 2 for 1, Need Convincing!

Hi Ficoers! I'm in need of some convincing one way or the other. Today I applied for the IHG and was approved for 12.7k! I was hoping to get the 80k offer, but it was expired over the phone, so I'll be trying to get them to match.

In any event, I'm considering taking the 2 cards for 1 hp risk with Chase today, with the impending 5/24 on cobranded cards. Two cards I'm considering are the Hyatt, 2 weekend nights for 1k and Marriott 80k for 3k spend. The Marriott will be harder to achieve, but I think with work expenses I can pull it off.

I live in a major metropolitan city, so either property would work for me, and my girlfriend loves a weekend getaway, so they would be used.

So, Hyatt, Marriott, or stand pat? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 2 for 1, Need Convincing!

don't let the number of HPs dictate the value of a card. get what's useful
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

if your profile supports it, go for it! as for which one, ask your girl which property she prefers! Smiley Tongue 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've stayed at a Hyatt recently, you might be able to find a link that throws in another $50. There are also email offers occasionally for 50k points, so if you're in HGP check your email.

Message 4 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
don't let the number of HPs dictate the value of a card. get what's useful

Agreed. So many people look to justify apps just because of (possible) combined inquiries. You can't let that dictate your decisions. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the combining of HPs is one thing, the 5/24 impending is another. I'm very likely to get value out of either card, so it's not an app just for the sake of apping. I'm leaning toward Hyatt, as I may not be able to apply again for another year and a half.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled the trigger! 2 new hotel cards are on the way.

Chase Hyatt $5000 limit,
Chase IHG $12,700 limit

I have my reward nights planned out for the Hyatt, either Maui around Xmas if it's in the budget, or Carlsbad for my anniversary if it isn't Smiley Happy

Hopefully, I only see 1 HP as a result. Off to the garden I go.

Edit: this should probably be moved to the Approvals sub. Sorry for evolving this thread in the wrong area.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.