tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase 200+100+100+25 CB offers wow

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

Good offer if you want a checking account and are okay with direct deposit going to Chase. Myself, not much of a fan of Chase checking..

why so down on chase checking ? Can you please qualify your statement for us :-)

I wouldn't have a problem wit them, except the nearest branch from me, or even an ATM of theirs is over 100 miles away.

Have all the banks but citi close here.  However, Shogun, does this not belong elsewhere?  Thread not about credit cards. Smiley Wink

Agreed, not about CCs per se, but closely linked with Chase.  Sometimes if the info is pretty good, we will leave them where the OP puts them.   Sometimes Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 21 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I'm tempted to send a SM to see if they can upgrade me to one of those offers. I got my Freedom about two months ago.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 22 of 27
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Plus, it has a Freedom offer in it. It's about all of it, not just one thing. If it was about just the checking/savings believe me, we'd be glad to move it to personal finance, but it's got a CC offer in it and it's good info so we're just leaving where it is everyone.
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The good offers are $300 checking with one DD, $150 or even $200 savings with depositing 10k or 15k. There have even been $300 savings offers, but usually they require you to keep 15K in there for three months, and since they currently offer zero interest it ain't such a great deal. 

For all the good offers you need a physical coupon, which you can buy on Ebay for ~$10-15

Obviously these are the best for people who want to switch to Chase. If you don't you can just open, keep open for 6 months and then close accounts. They allow people to get one bonus per calendar year. 

As for Freedom, you can get $200 (or really 20,000 UR) if you wait until the fall. 

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can log in for a 200 checking offer but I emailed CS And they said they cant give it to me because the 300 offers are for targeted customers.

Oh well :-(  Funny thing is I really do need a new place to do checking as Chase is around the corner from me and I'm leaving BOA for good.

Feel free to msg me :-)

Message 25 of 27
ParadoxD
Valued Member

I used to have WaMu, which I was generally happy with. Then a few months after Chase bought them, I had fraudulent charges on my debit card. When I called in about it, they told me I needed to call each merchant to resolve the charges. I promptly closed my account the next day.

People have horror stories about every bank, I'm sure. But for me, no matter where I go there's a BoA, and if I get fraudulent charges they credit me the same day without me having to lift a finger. That was crux for me and my spending habits.
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ParadoxD wrote:
I used to have WaMu, which I was generally happy with. Then a few months after Chase bought them, I had fraudulent charges on my debit card. When I called in about it, they told me I needed to call each merchant to resolve the charges. I promptly closed my account the next day.

People have horror stories about every bank, I'm sure. But for me, no matter where I go there's a BoA, and if I get fraudulent charges they credit me the same day without me having to lift a finger. That was crux for me and my spending habits.

wow that's terrible.  YOu should have marched yourself into a local branch and fastened a rep down in their chair.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.