cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 30 days only can get two credit cards policy?

tag
steve09
New Visitor

Chase 30 days only can get two credit cards policy?

Hey, Is anyone know about the Chase credit card policy? I applied a southwest CC one week ago and then applyed Sapphried Preffered and UA milliage plus this week. My southwest CC was approvaled and Today chase asked me I have to pick up one of the CC between SP and UA. The guy told me that was the policy. I can't get three cards in one month. Anyway can solve that problem? Is that useful to call backdoor number? How to debate with them ? Thanks guy. I need u help

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase 30 days only can get two credit cards policy?

Welcome to the forum! Many lenders restrict the number of new apps/accts in any given time. We're they all approved? Did the apps get canceled?
Message 2 of 12
slothy
Contributor

I got freedom, sapphire preferred and slate with in 2 weeks of each other...

Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP, you may have reached your internal limit. To be sure, call and speak to an analyst.
Message 4 of 12
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I just sent a secure email to chase about 2 days ago asking them if I could apply for the CSP with the same HP they used for the Slate they just approved me for. I got a response back a few hours later saying that they forwarded the email to the correct department and I will hear something in less than 7 days. I will keep you all updated on what they say. 

Message 5 of 12
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@steve09 wrote:

Hey, Is anyone know about the Chase credit card policy? I applied a southwest CC one week ago and then applyed Sapphried Preffered and UA milliage plus this week. My southwest CC was approvaled and Today chase asked me I have to pick up one of the CC between SP and UA. The guy told me that was the policy. I can't get three cards in one month. Anyway can solve that problem? Is that useful to call backdoor number? How to debate with them ? Thanks guy. I need u help

This is pretty simple, you spoke to them and they said you are approved for Southwest and one other card. Pick one and take it. Wait another 30 days and apply for the one you didn't pick and you should get approved. I am assuming these are your first Chase cards so just two in 30 days seems reasonable (coming from someone who has 5 Chase cards). Sometimes we are too quick to call and ask for another opinion but just take a second to appreciate that you just got two cards from Chase. Congratulations on that feat. 

I know you want advice on how to debate the decision. My advice is to not debate it. Remember it's thier cards and money backing them so they get to make the rules. 

Message 6 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats on the approvals. If that's what chase is telling you, then that's how it's gonna be. Lay low on the apps and you can always try again in 6-12 months. It's sometimes a bad idea to go on a spree with the same lender as well.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 12
bribro
Valued Contributor

This is pretty standard for Chase. 2 cards in a month is doable, 3 is very, very difficult.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 8 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@scenery_guy wrote:

@steve09 wrote:

This is pretty simple, you spoke to them and they said you are approved for Southwest and one other card. Pick one and take it. Wait another 30 days and apply for the one you didn't pick and you should get approved. I am assuming these are your first Chase cards so just two in 30 days seems reasonable (coming from someone who has 5 Chase cards). Sometimes we are too quick to call and ask for another opinion but just take a second to appreciate that you just got two cards from Chase. Congratulations on that feat. 

I know you want advice on how to debate the decision. My advice is to not debate it. Remember it's thier cards and money backing them so they get to make the rules. 

+1

Concur with enharu & bribro as well.  Just the way the Chase credit machine works.

Message 9 of 12
steve09
New Visitor

Thanks folks, I will follow ur message
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.