Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days

tag
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days

I was approved for CFU on 2/2/17. At the time I was 4/24. That new account still has not reported. Am I still 4/24 for the time being? Could I app for the CSP now without being denied because of 5/24? I'm confident of approval other than 5/24. Also can you even app for more than one Chase card in a 30 day period? And how long will it take Chase to report my new account? Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days

@FICOEmpire wrote:

I was approved for CFU on 2/2/17. At the time I was 4/24. That new account still has not reported. Am I still 4/24 for the time being? Could I app for the CSP now without being denied because of 5/24? I'm confident of approval other than 5/24. Also can you even app for more than one Chase card in a 30 day period? And how long will it take Chase to report my new account? Thanks.

Yes.. you are still 4/24 till it reports

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just denied for the Freedom card because I applied (and was approved) for the Sapphire Preferred and the rep told me it was because of two apps in 30 days
Message 3 of 12
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was just denied for the Freedom card because I applied (and was approved) for the Sapphire Preferred and the rep told me it was because of two apps in 30 days

Having this same issue with my CSP application. Was denied for having too many requests in with Chase. I called the recon line and the analyst told me I was declined only because I got a new card (Disney Premier Rewards Visa) and CLI (+$1,500 to Amazon Rewards Visa) with them in the last 30 days. I called EO last night and they create a case for me to be reviewed by an EO Analyst in the next 48 hours. Hoping I can get around this "2 in 30 Days" rule because I'd love to get the CSP before I enter the garden.

I'll post back with my results. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 12
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Having this same issue with my CSP application. Was denied for having too many requests in with Chase. I called the recon line and the analyst told me I was declined only because I got a new card (Disney Premier Rewards Visa) and CLI (+$1,500 to Amazon Rewards Visa) with them in the last 30 days. I called EO last night and they create a case for me to be reviewed by an EO Analyst in the next 48 hours. Hoping I can get around this "2 in 30 Days" rule because I'd love to get the CSP before I enter the garden.

Yea, the 2 apps in 30 days was my biggest concern here. I know I've read of this issue before with Chase. I think I'll wait until 31 days since my last app and if that card still hasn't reported I'll try for CSP. And please do post back with your results. Thanks.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FICOEmpire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea, the 2 apps in 30 days was my biggest concern here. I know I've read of this issue before with Chase. I think I'll wait until 31 days since my last app and if that card still hasn't reported I'll try for CSP. And please do post back with your results. Thanks.

The real concern is 3/30.

2 is fine and many (including me) have been doing 2 on the same day (same hour even) in an attempt to 'combine HP'. There are also people who do the same to get to 6/24 status just as you have planned and that usually works too.

Of course, if you have already applied for yet another one before your last app which is within 30 day you are 3/30 which will not work. 

Message 7 of 12
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FICOEmpire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

2 is fine and many (including me) have been doing 2 on the same day (same hour even) in an attempt to 'combine HP'. There are also people who do the same to get to 6/24 status just as you have planned and that usually works too.

Of course, if you have already applied for yet another one before your last app which is within 30 day you are 3/30 which will not work. 

My app on 2/2 is my first in a year. Once it reports I'll be at 5/24. Do you think I could app for 2 more cards, CSP & Slate, back-to-back and get approved with one more set of pulls? I'm thinking of trying this on 3/5/17, which will be day 31 from my last app just to be sure. Assuming of course that card still hasn't reported.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FICOEmpire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FICOEmpire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My app on 2/2 is my first in a year. Once it reports I'll be at 5/24. Do you think I could app for 2 more cards, CSP & Slate, back-to-back and get approved with one more set of pulls? I'm thinking of trying this on 3/5/17, which will be day 31 from my last app just to be sure. Assuming of course that card still hasn't reported.

I think that's how it works (Assuming that 2/2card still hasn't reported, you will be approved for the 2 cards, given that you would have been approved with them without taking 5/24 into consideration).

However, chase could report a new account in under a month (from approval), so I'd act quickly if trying to pull that one off, or even sacrifice a HP in order to get at least the more desriable one between CSP/Slate by applying for that one right now. But again, depending on the structure of your 5/24 (are 2 cards falling off soon?) it might make sense to just wait.

Message 9 of 12
FICOEmpire
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FICOEmpire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FICOEmpire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that's how it works (Assuming that 2/2card still hasn't reported, you will be approved for the 2 cards, given that you would have been approved with them without taking 5/24 into consideration).

However, chase could report a new account in under a month (from approval), so I'd act quickly if trying to pull that one off, or even sacrifice a HP in order to get at least the more desriable one between CSP/Slate by applying for that one right now. But again, depending on the structure of your 5/24 (are 2 cards falling off soon?) it might make sense to just wait.

The thing is once my latest app reports I'll be at 5/24 for about 8 months until 2 older accts. reach 2yrs. I'd take CSP now if I can and may as well bundle it with Slate too if that'll work with combined HP. I'll check at 31 days.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.