Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎09-06-2013
0 Kudos

Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days

I was approved for CFU on 2/2/17. At the time I was 4/24. That new account still has not reported. Am I still 4/24 for the time being? Could I app for the CSP now without being denied because of 5/24? I'm confident of approval other than 5/24. Also can you even app for more than one Chase card in a 30 day period? And how long will it take Chase to report my new account? Thanks.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,800
Registered: ‎02-16-2016
0 Kudos

Re: Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days


FICOEmpire wrote:

I was approved for CFU on 2/2/17. At the time I was 4/24. That new account still has not reported. Am I still 4/24 for the time being? Could I app for the CSP now without being denied because of 5/24? I'm confident of approval other than 5/24. Also can you even app for more than one Chase card in a 30 day period? And how long will it take Chase to report my new account? Thanks.


Yes.. you are still 4/24 till it reports

Chasex3/PenFedx3/NFCUx2/BofA/BMO/AMEX x5(4 revolvers +Platinum)/CapOnex2/DCU/Blispay/Cabelas/BBVA/BB&T/HSBC/Atira/Commerce Bank/State Farm Visa........I have them all. Except Barclays. They suck. And Sync. They suck worse! And Citi,, because I Have 9,000 Inq.
In the 520-530 range in 12/2015.... Currently EQ747/TU758/EX744
NFCU & PenFed are my best friends!!

In 3/2016 I had a $1800 fully secured CapOne QS. And that was it.. Current CL $221,000 (plus my auto and RV loans)
Valued Member
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎02-20-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days

I was just denied for the Freedom card because I applied (and was approved) for the Sapphire Preferred and the rep told me it was because of two apps in 30 days
New Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎09-06-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days

Thanks everyone.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 171
Registered: ‎02-16-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days


naek wrote:
I was just denied for the Freedom card because I applied (and was approved) for the Sapphire Preferred and the rep told me it was because of two apps in 30 days

Having this same issue with my CSP application. Was denied for having too many requests in with Chase. I called the recon line and the analyst told me I was declined only because I got a new card (Disney Premier Rewards Visa) and CLI (+$1,500 to Amazon Rewards Visa) with them in the last 30 days. I called EO last night and they create a case for me to be reviewed by an EO Analyst in the next 48 hours. Hoping I can get around this "2 in 30 Days" rule because I'd love to get the CSP before I enter the garden.

 

I'll post back with my results. Smiley Frustrated

EQ: 750 TU: 757 EX: 734 Goal: 800+
Total Credit: $34,800 | Utilization: $900 / 2.6%
New Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎09-06-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days


Lavathing wrote:

naek wrote:
I was just denied for the Freedom card because I applied (and was approved) for the Sapphire Preferred and the rep told me it was because of two apps in 30 days

Having this same issue with my CSP application. Was denied for having too many requests in with Chase. I called the recon line and the analyst told me I was declined only because I got a new card (Disney Premier Rewards Visa) and CLI (+$1,500 to Amazon Rewards Visa) with them in the last 30 days. I called EO last night and they create a case for me to be reviewed by an EO Analyst in the next 48 hours. Hoping I can get around this "2 in 30 Days" rule because I'd love to get the CSP before I enter the garden.

 

I'll post back with my results. Smiley Frustrated


Yea, the 2 apps in 30 days was my biggest concern here. I know I've read of this issue before with Chase. I think I'll wait until 31 days since my last app and if that card still hasn't reported I'll try for CSP. And please do post back with your results. Thanks.

Valued Member
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎02-24-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days

[ Edited ]

FICOEmpire wrote:

Lavathing wrote:

naek wrote:
I was just denied for the Freedom card because I applied (and was approved) for the Sapphire Preferred and the rep told me it was because of two apps in 30 days

Having this same issue with my CSP application. Was denied for having too many requests in with Chase. I called the recon line and the analyst told me I was declined only because I got a new card (Disney Premier Rewards Visa) and CLI (+$1,500 to Amazon Rewards Visa) with them in the last 30 days. I called EO last night and they create a case for me to be reviewed by an EO Analyst in the next 48 hours. Hoping I can get around this "2 in 30 Days" rule because I'd love to get the CSP before I enter the garden.

 

I'll post back with my results. Smiley Frustrated


Yea, the 2 apps in 30 days was my biggest concern here. I know I've read of this issue before with Chase. I think I'll wait until 31 days since my last app and if that card still hasn't reported I'll try for CSP. And please do post back with your results. Thanks.


The real concern is 3/30.

 

2 is fine and many (including me) have been doing 2 on the same day (same hour even) in an attempt to 'combine HP'. There are also people who do the same to get to 6/24 status just as you have planned and that usually works too.

 

Of course, if you have already applied for yet another one before your last app which is within 30 day you are 3/30 which will not work. 

New Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎09-06-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days


GloeJohn wrote:

FICOEmpire wrote:

Lavathing wrote:

naek wrote:
I was just denied for the Freedom card because I applied (and was approved) for the Sapphire Preferred and the rep told me it was because of two apps in 30 days

Having this same issue with my CSP application. Was denied for having too many requests in with Chase. I called the recon line and the analyst told me I was declined only because I got a new card (Disney Premier Rewards Visa) and CLI (+$1,500 to Amazon Rewards Visa) with them in the last 30 days. I called EO last night and they create a case for me to be reviewed by an EO Analyst in the next 48 hours. Hoping I can get around this "2 in 30 Days" rule because I'd love to get the CSP before I enter the garden.

 

I'll post back with my results. Smiley Frustrated


Yea, the 2 apps in 30 days was my biggest concern here. I know I've read of this issue before with Chase. I think I'll wait until 31 days since my last app and if that card still hasn't reported I'll try for CSP. And please do post back with your results. Thanks.


The real concern is 3/30.

 

2 is fine and many (including me) have been doing 2 on the same day (same hour even) in an attempt to 'combine HP'. There are also people who do the same to get to 6/24 status just as you have planned and that usually works too.

 

Of course, if you have already applied for yet another one before your last app which is within 30 day you are 3/30 which will not work. 


My app on 2/2 is my first in a year. Once it reports I'll be at 5/24. Do you think I could app for 2 more cards, CSP & Slate, back-to-back and get approved with one more set of pulls? I'm thinking of trying this on 3/5/17, which will be day 31 from my last app just to be sure. Assuming of course that card still hasn't reported.

Valued Member
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎02-24-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days


FICOEmpire wrote:

GloeJohn wrote:

FICOEmpire wrote:

Lavathing wrote:

naek wrote:
I was just denied for the Freedom card because I applied (and was approved) for the Sapphire Preferred and the rep told me it was because of two apps in 30 days

Having this same issue with my CSP application. Was denied for having too many requests in with Chase. I called the recon line and the analyst told me I was declined only because I got a new card (Disney Premier Rewards Visa) and CLI (+$1,500 to Amazon Rewards Visa) with them in the last 30 days. I called EO last night and they create a case for me to be reviewed by an EO Analyst in the next 48 hours. Hoping I can get around this "2 in 30 Days" rule because I'd love to get the CSP before I enter the garden.

 

I'll post back with my results. Smiley Frustrated


Yea, the 2 apps in 30 days was my biggest concern here. I know I've read of this issue before with Chase. I think I'll wait until 31 days since my last app and if that card still hasn't reported I'll try for CSP. And please do post back with your results. Thanks.


The real concern is 3/30.

 

2 is fine and many (including me) have been doing 2 on the same day (same hour even) in an attempt to 'combine HP'. There are also people who do the same to get to 6/24 status just as you have planned and that usually works too.

 

Of course, if you have already applied for yet another one before your last app which is within 30 day you are 3/30 which will not work. 


My app on 2/2 is my first in a year. Once it reports I'll be at 5/24. Do you think I could app for 2 more cards, CSP & Slate, back-to-back and get approved with one more set of pulls? I'm thinking of trying this on 3/5/17, which will be day 31 from my last app just to be sure. Assuming of course that card still hasn't reported.


I think that's how it works (Assuming that 2/2card still hasn't reported, you will be approved for the 2 cards, given that you would have been approved with them without taking 5/24 into consideration).

 

However, chase could report a new account in under a month (from approval), so I'd act quickly if trying to pull that one off, or even sacrifice a HP in order to get at least the more desriable one between CSP/Slate by applying for that one right now. But again, depending on the structure of your 5/24 (are 2 cards falling off soon?) it might make sense to just wait.

 

New Contributor
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎09-06-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Chase 5/24 and 2 apps in 30 days


GloeJohn wrote:

FICOEmpire wrote:

GloeJohn wrote:

FICOEmpire wrote:

Lavathing wrote:

naek wrote:
I was just denied for the Freedom card because I applied (and was approved) for the Sapphire Preferred and the rep told me it was because of two apps in 30 days

Having this same issue with my CSP application. Was denied for having too many requests in with Chase. I called the recon line and the analyst told me I was declined only because I got a new card (Disney Premier Rewards Visa) and CLI (+$1,500 to Amazon Rewards Visa) with them in the last 30 days. I called EO last night and they create a case for me to be reviewed by an EO Analyst in the next 48 hours. Hoping I can get around this "2 in 30 Days" rule because I'd love to get the CSP before I enter the garden.

 

I'll post back with my results. Smiley Frustrated


Yea, the 2 apps in 30 days was my biggest concern here. I know I've read of this issue before with Chase. I think I'll wait until 31 days since my last app and if that card still hasn't reported I'll try for CSP. And please do post back with your results. Thanks.


The real concern is 3/30.

 

2 is fine and many (including me) have been doing 2 on the same day (same hour even) in an attempt to 'combine HP'. There are also people who do the same to get to 6/24 status just as you have planned and that usually works too.

 

Of course, if you have already applied for yet another one before your last app which is within 30 day you are 3/30 which will not work. 


My app on 2/2 is my first in a year. Once it reports I'll be at 5/24. Do you think I could app for 2 more cards, CSP & Slate, back-to-back and get approved with one more set of pulls? I'm thinking of trying this on 3/5/17, which will be day 31 from my last app just to be sure. Assuming of course that card still hasn't reported.


I think that's how it works (Assuming that 2/2card still hasn't reported, you will be approved for the 2 cards, given that you would have been approved with them without taking 5/24 into consideration).

 

However, chase could report a new account in under a month (from approval), so I'd act quickly if trying to pull that one off, or even sacrifice a HP in order to get at least the more desriable one between CSP/Slate by applying for that one right now. But again, depending on the structure of your 5/24 (are 2 cards falling off soon?) it might make sense to just wait.

 


The thing is once my latest app reports I'll be at 5/24 for about 8 months until 2 older accts. reach 2yrs. I'd take CSP now if I can and may as well bundle it with Slate too if that'll work with combined HP. I'll check at 31 days.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.