Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 is now 2/24??

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 is now 2/24??

@tcbofade wrote:

First, I think this thread is awesome, and this is WHY these forums exist.  Let's share experiences and see what we learn...

For me, there must have been a 1/24 rule.  Smiley Tongue

Earlier this year, I applied for Slate and got an instant approval for a mediocre starting line...applied for the new FU card later in the same day, and they said, "FU" right back at me.  Smiley Sad

(In other words, I had NO pre approvals, got approved for Slate, and denied for Freedom Unlimited in the same day.)

I applied for the same card and got the same response. lol

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 41 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the idea of 2/24. 

Message 42 of 48
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I like the idea of 2/24. 

Just curious because I managed to see the previous quote before you removed it for the above in this discussion. Did you do so because it would've suggested that you, too, would not be considered successful due to the number of cards you have in your possession (more than 1 or 2, as it suggested)? Do you find it applicable to yourself? 

Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I like the idea of 2/24. 

Good luck when you do!

Message 44 of 48
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@DoroLucky wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Flash news!! Another person from another forum said it's 0/24 rule...😂

Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL I am about to start as thread called "Chase confirmed 5/24 turned unconfirmed 2/24 is now 0/24"???Smiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated

At the very least, we KNOW there's some kind of app "rule" going on over at Chase and if you're going to app for any of their products, app at your own risk especially if you've behaved in agressive apping LOL

This is pretty much how I'm looking at it for now.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 45 of 48
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

@wachme wrote:
There aren't any concrete datapoints that would suggest they all of sudden went from 5/24 to 2/24. That seems highly unlikely and would basically relegate Chase to offering cards to college students and/or those without established credit. Makes no sense.

Personally I disagree with this statement. I definitely do think the 2/24 rule is a baseless rumor, but hypothetically if it did exist I wouldn't have any trouble staying in bounds of it, and it's precisely because I do have established credit and am thus not actively seeking more. There aren't any cards right now that I want and don't have. Of course I reserve the right to be wowed and enticed by a brand new rewards card, but unless that happens I'm set, and even if/when it does happen I wouldn't likely be interested in getting more than 1 new card in the same year. By contrast if I didn't already have a portfolio of cards I liked, I could see myself champing at the bit to add more and running afoul of 2/24 or even 5/24.

Of course everyone's priorities and preferences are different and I wish people well if they want to frequently add new cards, but for me at least having established credit means limiting my apps is quite easy, automatic even. Just my 2 cents though.

Message 46 of 48
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

If you really want to know I will have my ex register on these forums and you can ask her. She already knows everything so this will be a piece of cake for her. I would ask on your behalf but according to her I would get even that menial task wrong. Smiley Frustrated

Nah, I won't be apping for anything Chase until 2018...ask her then Smiley Very Happy

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 47 of 48
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

First, I think this thread is awesome, and this is WHY these forums exist.  Let's share experiences and see what we learn...

For me, there must have been a 1/24 rule.  Smiley Tongue

Earlier this year, I applied for Slate and got an instant approval for a mediocre starting line...applied for the new FU card later in the same day, and they said, "FU" right back at me.  Smiley Sad

(In other words, I had NO pre approvals, got approved for Slate, and denied for Freedom Unlimited in the same day.)

+5000 (that's the hightest I've seen on here lol)

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.