Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 question concerning AU

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Chase 5/24 question concerning AU

Ok, I have read where someone said that they could not get one of the Chase cards because they counted an AU account as one of the 5/24. If this is true, what if the account is over 2 years old? I have an AU account reporting and it will be two years old in September. I just got added on this account in January. So do they care how long I have been on the account or are they worried about how old the account is? Im just trying to figure this out so I can figure out if Ill be able to get the CSR later this year.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 5/24 question concerning AU

@tbea1004 wrote:

Ok, I have read where someone said that they could not get one of the Chase cards because they counted an AU account as one of the 5/24. If this is true, what if the account is over 2 years old? I have an AU account reporting and it will be two years old in September. I just got added on this account in January. So do they care how long I have been on the account or are they worried about how old the account is? Im just trying to figure this out so I can figure out if Ill be able to get the CSR later this year.

All depends on what the account shows on the credit report they pull for you. If the account on your report (even if the main account is over 2 years old) shows as being added within the past 2 years, it will count towards 5/24.  Perfect example is Amex. If I add someone to my 10 year old Amex card as an AU, the credit reports for the AU will show it being added in May, 2017 so it would count.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.