Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 5/24

This is all so confusing.

Message 41 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's pretty simple really. i am significantly over.
Message 42 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
it's pretty simple really. i am significantly over.

Good. How about you explain it then.

Message 43 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for CSP was denied! I think Macy's counted. It was of the five cards applied for in January. Should have known
Message 44 of 62
red259
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I still want to hear about the exceptions who got one with over 5/24.

I 'm not sure if the NFCU CLOC counts in the 5/24 rule(I know it counts towards your revolving credit total), but I was just approved for the Slate today with my 4 open cc's + my cloc, and none of those accounts are over 2 years old. I also have several closed accts but not sure if they count nor how old they are. I was possibly denied the Freedom today, but have to wait to confirm for sure.

It doesn't look like you had any chase cards. The 5/24 rule won't prevent you from getting your first chase card. it will just prevent you from getting additional chase UR cards.

Are you sure this is something that can really be stated as a fact? There's plenty of people who are denied under 5/24 whether they had a Chase card prior or not.

5/24 is for now the rule and it applies to pretty much everyone, whether you've had a Chase card or not. There have been a very small handful of exceptions for various reasons but generally speaking if you are over 5/24 with credit cards you will be denied.

I was tired when I wrote that and so didn't mean it to sound that firm. What i will say is many of the people who I have seen getting approved when being over the 5/24 rule were people going for their first Chase card. Obviously people would need a solid credit profile and can't have an absurd number of inqs though. This is a smaller group of people who do not have a chase card, who would qualify for a chase card, and who are over the 5/24 rule, but many of the exceptions I have seen tend to fall into this very category. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 45 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is all so confusing.

I agree!

Message 46 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the time I will qualify for the CSP under the 5/24 rule there's probably not going to be a CSP any longer. 

That said, can anyone give some insight as to if I PC a chase card into a Sapphire Preferred, obviously without getting the sign up bonus, would I ever qualify to get the bonus if I apply for the card In the distant future? What needs to be done in order for that to happen?

Thanks!
Message 47 of 62
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

By the time I will qualify for the CSP under the 5/24 rule there's probably not going to be a CSP any longer. 

That said, can anyone give some insight as to if I PC a chase card into a Sapphire Preferred, obviously without getting the sign up bonus, would I ever qualify to get the bonus if I apply for the card In the distant future? What needs to be done in order for that to happen?

Thanks!

Gotta read the language on the card app carefully. All I remember that it is a 24 month wait. If that is from last receiving the bonus or last getting the card I don't remember. Simple answer is look at the app it tells you clearly right there the answer. You will be able to get the bonus again at some point for sure. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 48 of 62
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Typically, the minimum CL for CSP is $5K (Sapphire non-Preferred can be less than $5K in some instances).  Freedom would be about the only one that could qualify if you can get that CL up to $5K.  Amazon will not PC into CSP.

Message 49 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

CSP isn't going anywhere in two years. It's their flagship product AF card and they market it a hell of a lot.

Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.