cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 50,000 bonus points + earned points (CSP)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 50,000 bonus points + earned points (CSP)

I have a question maybe someone here cna naser for me?

#1 I"m going to be paying for our honeymoon through Sandals.com. The remaining balance was just over $4000. I did this so I could use the chase card and charge it then pay it off right away. So if I pay this say the day it posts do we get the bonus points? Or do I need to let the bill cut THEN pay for it?

#2 Will the Sandals charge be considered travel so I also ontop of that get the extra 2 points? Or would it be used under the 1 point therory or NONE becuase it will clear the $4000 mark for the bonus points? 

GUess I Have no idea how this CSP card is going to work out! If it works like I think I do then I make out like a bandit! Anyone know? Guess I could try CS.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bch238
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase 50,000 bonus points + earned points (CSP)

Chase credits earned UR points when the next statement cuts.  If a purchase posts, then the UR points are credited at the end of that biling period.  It has nothing to do with whether you PIF, carry a balance, or pay before the statement cuts.  Your minimum spend is treated as any other spend for purposes of bonus categories.  If Sandals is coded as hotel, then you will get 2x on that.  If you look at your Chase account online, you will be able to see every posted transaction.  If you click on a transaction, you will be able to see how many points were (or will be) awarded.  You can also click on the button "UR Ultimate Rewards" right above the "blueprint" button, scroll down the next screen and see the number of UR points accrued for the current billing period. 

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.