cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 6 month for applying after denial - hard rule?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 6 month for applying after denial - hard rule?

@aleicgrant wrote:

EX meaning experian?

Yep.  I'm assuming they pulled EX because in my acceptance package they told me my EX score.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's $250 now?  I only got $200 Smiley Sad 

Message 12 of 20
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

any issues on your report to speak of, lates etc ? sorry to be intrusive. I dont want to burn an inquiry if I dont have to.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two 30 day lates from earlier this year on an account that I'm an AU on.

A CO from 2007 that I'm currently trying to dispute, but was not in dispute at the time of app.

Message 14 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

A CO from 2007 that I'm currently trying to dispute, but was not in dispute at the time of app.

My advice, get off that thing!!!

Lates within the last 12 months are awful, whether you're an AU or not.

AU accounts are only helpful when they're clean.

Maybe --maybe --30 day lates that are 5 years old or something on an AU account might be semi-OK, if the other factors are overwhelmingly helpful, but otherwise, you do not want to be an AU on an account with any problems.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe --maybe --30 day lates that are 5 years old or something on an AU account might be semi-OK, if the other factors are overwhelmingly helpful, but otherwise, you do not want to be an AU on an account with any problems.

I know, I've been bugging my mom to call GEMB and get me taken off.  She claims she got me taken off last month but it was on my CR this past month so that must not be true.

Someone in another thread told me that when removed as an AU the account stops reporting on all 3 reports, so I'm glad I don't have to dispute anything.  Just have to get my mom off her butt and have myself removed!

Message 16 of 20
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

this deal is 16% apr minimum (more likely 20 to 23% apr), no promos, and you have to spend 500 dollars within 3 months to qualify. if you were my shoes you received the 200 bonus mail offer, but it was with the promo 0% apr UNTIL september 2012, with only 15% apr thereafter; also the bonus was with your very first purchase, even it was to purchase a single pack of tic tacs.

so you may have gotten that 50 dollar boost, but if you received the same mail offer as me, you might give this new offer a second thought.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scottwagnon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

this deal is 16% apr minimum, only up to 6 months %0 promo apr, and you have to spend 500 dollars within 3 months to qualify. if you were my shoes you received the 200 bonus mail offer, but it was with the promo 0% apr UNTIL september 2012, with only 15% apr thereafter; also the bonus was with your very first purchase, even it was to purchase a single pack of tic tacs.

Looks like I really got screwed then.  Mine is $500 in 3 months and $1500 in 6 months I think.  I also didn't get any 0% APR.

Message 18 of 20
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

did you cold app, or did you "pre app". i don't do cold apps anymore, i had to at first; only exceptions are any future DFS cards (since you are allowed to have two), and actual cash line of credit from my bank. (which i plan on for the future)

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 19 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know, I've been bugging my mom to call GEMB and get me taken off.  She claims she got me taken off last month but it was on my CR this past month so that must not be true.

Someone in another thread told me that when removed as an AU the account stops reporting on all 3 reports, so I'm glad I don't have to dispute anything.  Just have to get my mom off her butt and have myself removed!

You might want to think about disputing on only one bureau as "not mine." Maybe try Equifax first.

Don't dispute on all three, which is overkill, and you might need to keep the other two bureaus unannoyed if you have any future problems.

The things that consumers have to go through... Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.