cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AA, Freeze, FR or what is this exactly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase AA, Freeze, FR or what is this exactly?

@bourgogne wrote:

hey, both the ink and csp were paid yesterday and posted that night, credit lines refreshed this morning.  she called the #, merged the call with me. very nice rep, super chill.  he was sorry it happened but things sometimes find there way to his dept.  I asked what the dept was called and he said account review. he said flat out that the accounts were not closed, only they were on hold for review, that the review has not started and it can take from 7-10 days.

@I said I paid $6K last night and he said he sees that and thanks.  I gave him the quick rundown, she was on debits for a decade, helping her rebuild, she had an old chase mortgage so it was a snap to get the 2 initial cards and at month 4 I got 2 more for her and that my cpc guy did the apps @ branch.  I said I tossed in an amex everyday in-between chase apps just to diversify and added thank god or she would be back using an atm again.  I said 5/24 drove me to go all in on chase and that she is depositing $60K tomorrow and that she is interested in only dealing with chase moving forward.  I said she might have come on too strong meeting the bonus on each card the first month but that her  spend then evened out over time.  he then again assured me that the accounts were open and said let me give you my # and let me see what i an do to move this along and said to call this wed in the afternoon.

terminated the call and yes not happy but also think she will not get shut down.  if she crossed some line and it was not in stone like 5/24 then i dont see how they will hang her out to dry.  the man seems very reasonable, professional and level headed.  call lasted 11min.  there you have it, move to follow...

Not sure if I'd have mentioned '5/24 drove me to go all in' or 'tossed in an amex everyday in-between chase apps just to diversify' but not sure how to 'explain' the ED card better eitherSmiley Sad

Anyways, I've seen threads about chase FR in this forum and it seems that JPM is too big to have a certral point of account reviewing/risk management and sometimes could freeze/unfreeze accounts multiple times in a row before finally clearing them or closing all of them, can be a long fight, but the cash deposite and your CPC status are positives for sure, best of luck! 

Message 11 of 21
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

hey, both the ink and csp were paid yesterday and posted that night, credit lines refreshed this morning.  she called the #, merged the call with me. very nice rep, super chill.  he was sorry it happened but things sometimes find there way to his dept.  I asked what the dept was called and he said account review. he said flat out that the accounts were not closed, only they were on hold for review, that the review has not started and it can take from 7-10 days.

@I said I paid $6K last night and he said he sees that and thanks.  I gave him the quick rundown, she was on debits for a decade, helping her rebuild, she had an old chase mortgage so it was a snap to get the 2 initial cards and at month 4 I got 2 more for her and that my cpc guy did the apps @ branch.  I said I tossed in an amex everyday in-between chase apps just to diversify and added thank god or she would be back using an atm again.  I said 5/24 drove me to go all in on chase and that she is depositing $60K tomorrow and that she is interested in only dealing with chase moving forward.  I said she might have come on too strong meeting the bonus on each card the first month but that her  spend then evened out over time.  he then again assured me that the accounts were open and said let me give you my # and let me see what i an do to move this along and said to call this wed in the afternoon.

terminated the call and yes not happy but also think she will not get shut down.  if she crossed some line and it was not in stone like 5/24 then i dont see how they will hang her out to dry.  the man seems very reasonable, professional and level headed.  call lasted 11min.  there you have it, move to follow...

Not sure if I'd have mentioned '5/24 drove me to go all in' or 'tossed in an amex everyday in-between chase apps just to diversify' but not sure how to 'explain' the ED card better eitherSmiley Sad

Anyways, I've seen threads about chase FR in this forum and it seems that JPM is too big to have a certral point of account reviewing/risk management and sometimes could freeze/unfreeze accounts multiple times in a row before finally clearing them or closing all of them, can be a long fight, but the cash deposite and your CPC status are positives for sure, best of luck! 

I generally believe in full transparency and disclosure except if I got pulled over and then its "no, I don't drink alcohol" lol -- I assumed he has a copy of her credit report of some sort of merged report and he would see everything anyhow.  I have nothign to hide, I have gotten her ~200pts in the last 6 months, happy with the result.  imo she did nothing wrong but I guess only time will tell.  its her deposit, who knows if it will help and I am sure they could care less about my cpc.  I sure as heck paid off all my chase accounts today lol

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

I generally believe in full transparency and disclosure except if I got pulled over and then its "no, I don't drink alcohol" lol -- I assumed he has a copy of her credit report of some sort of merged report and he would see everything anyhow.  I have nothign to hide, I have gotten her ~200pts in the last 6 months, happy with the result.  imo she did nothing wrong but I guess only time will tell.  its her deposit, who knows if it will help and I am sure they could care less about my cpc.  I sure as heck paid off all my chase accounts today lol

I didn't meant to say 'hide' anything, they know the account for sure, but was wondering would presenting it as 'impluse decision due to supermarkets' cashback', etc be more agreeable than 'we are trying to diversify away from you'. Agreed it probably has more to do with certain computer flagging people aggresively for review rather than 'did something wrong'.

You can ask your CPC banker to call I guess? Might be a useful leverage if the conversation becomes difficultSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 21
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

I didn't meant to say 'hide' anything, they know the account for sure, but was wondering would presenting it as 'impluse decision due to supermarkets' cashback', etc be more agreeable than 'we are trying to diversify away from you'. Agreed it probably has more to do with certain computer flagging people aggresively for review rather than 'did something wrong'.

You can ask your CPC banker to call I guess? Might be a useful leverage if the conversation becomes difficultSmiley Happy

no worries, again i just call it like it is.  my cpc is totally locked out, all he gets is the same # she has.  no account access + he want's to stay clear of it anyway and I can hardly blame him.  she is livid and all for a total lack of communication.  not that it has anything to do with anything but amex would never do this, ever.  it's probably where she is headed because of this.

Message 14 of 21
RadioRob
Established Contributor

It sounds like you’re on the right track! I’m rooting for a quick and successful conclusion of this for you both.
Message 15 of 21
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Hi kids, just circling back...just got off the phone with chase and in a nutshell she is whole again.  no account changes, everything is back to normal.  By chance I talked with the same csr from last wed, very nice professional guy.  He looked everything over and said it was a 100% a random occurrence, that her total inquires, spending/payment patterns, # of new accounts open and everything else was totally normal.  He said chase would not have given her the cards if she did not qualify for them, that they value her has a customer and apologized for any inconvenience or stress it caused.  no hp.  he said making no account movements other than paying everything off is the best thing an individual can do.  of course her scores tanked when I paid everything off but that will go back to normal in time.  Thanks for the positive energy, much appreciated

Message 16 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@bourgogne wrote:

Hi kids, just circling back...just got off the phone with chase and in a nutshell she is whole again.  no account changes, everything is back to normal.  By chance I talked with the same csr from last wed, very nice professional guy.  He looked everything over and said it was a 100% a random occurrence, that her total inquires, spending/payment patterns, # of new accounts open and everything else was totally normal.  He said chase would not have given her the cards if she did not qualify for them, that they value her has a customer and apologized for any inconvenience or stress it caused.  no hp.  he said making no account movements other than paying everything off is the best thing an individual can do.  of course her scores tanked when I paid everything off but that will go back to normal in time.  Thanks for the positive energy, much appreciated

Thanks for closing the loop with us, and I'm glad to hear your friend was made 'whole'.  I know the ordeal was an inconvenience, but at least the CSR was pleasant.

The only thing I would question is his statement that it was 100% random... I've never known banks to randomly take an action like this.  It was likely easier for the CSR to chalk it off to "random" and let it go rather than have a drawn-out conversation with you about the root cause.  In any case, he delivered what you/she wanted and all is well.  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Thanks for closing the loop with us, and I'm glad to hear your friend was made 'whole'.  I know the ordeal was an inconvenience, but at least the CSR was pleasant.

The only thing I would question is his statement that it was 100% random... I've never known banks to randomly take an action like this.  It was likely easier for the CSR to chalk it off to "random" and let it go rather than have a drawn-out conversation with you about the root cause.  In any case, he delivered what you/she wanted and all is well.  Smiley Happy

Hi UB, I am not sure what to think and its all pretty much speculation anyhow.  between today and wed we spent over an hour on the phone, we chatted about all sorts of things - it could be he does not know himself, could be a computer switches off a user and it winds up in their office for a glance.  the phone chase # has 59 google hits, my cell # has 3x that many.  very few DPs on the topic.  who knows, just glad its over and done with.  I will say that although I don't care for the method all the csrs where terrific.. friendly, professional, etc.  

Message 18 of 21
RadioRob
Established Contributor

I'm glad everything worked out for you! A nice bit of stress that just got released as the holidays kick into high gear. Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I'm with UncleB on this.  While agencies like the IRS DO do a very small sample of full random audits (as a check of the normal targetted audit process) they don't have to worry about customer retention, and in this case it sounds like no extra information was asked for.  So most likely the CSR was not told what triggered it (and all security orgs in issuers keep this information closely held to prevent stuff leaking out).  But a happy ending anyway.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.