Did you mean: 

Chase AA coming soon?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase AA coming soon?

@newUser0 wrote:

Yeah! will get my points off soon. Thanks

If you have some idea, such as "I will one day travel on United (or use BA Avios etc)" then transfer them all to that partner, or a mix of partners.  If not, maybe cash out many of them.  Depends on what you think the risk level is

Message 11 of 27
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I have 165k ur points and no planned trips or anything  .. So they are just sitting thereSmiley Surprised

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 12 of 27
swpopham
Established Contributor

If you cant pay them off you might be hosed. But these are flexiable spending cards. I run over on our CSP at least 10 times a year. Just last week I called and upped the limit to 40k on it. Not a lick of trouble after last year where they were cutting our limits. I have since honored our agreement with chase to close amex though. So each situation is different

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 13 of 27
newUser0
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

If you have some idea, such as "I will one day travel on United (or use BA Avios etc)" then transfer them all to that partner, or a mix of partners.  If not, maybe cash out many of them.  Depends on what you think the risk level is

Hyatt and United are usually my preferred partners. I use Amex for BA.

But any how, this kills the flexibility in usinf UR and introduces a fear.Smiley Frustrated

I have a super-duper trust with chase, will see till tomorrow on how much CL they make available after the payment posts today mid-night.

Depending on this, I will decide to transfer the points or not.

Message 14 of 27
newUser0
Established Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

I have 165k ur points and no planned trips or anything  .. So they are just sitting thereSmiley Surprised

U MS?

Message 15 of 27
newUser0
Established Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

If you cant pay them off you might be hosed. But these are flexiable spending cards. I run over on our CSP at least 10 times a year. Just last week I called and upped the limit to 40k on it. Not a lick of trouble after last year where they were cutting our limits. I have since honored our agreement with chase to close amex though. So each situation is different

Oh!! I really didn't knew that Chase makes an agreement for closing Amex account to give CL. 

May be competition? or your spends are so high?

Message 16 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

Hyatt and United are usually my preferred partners. I use Amex for BA.

But any how, this kills the flexibility in usinf UR and introduces a fear.Smiley Frustrated

I have a super-duper trust with chase, will see till tomorrow on how much CL they make available after the payment posts today mid-night.

Depending on this, I will decide to transfer the points or not.

Right, you might well be fine.  But rule 1 is to avoid scrutiny where possible!

Message 17 of 27
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I have once and have been with chase over 2 years

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 18 of 27
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Something really weird happened to me. I currently have three chase cards - Freedom, Explorer and CSP. The last two are signature with $5K Limit and Freedom has $5.5K Limit (Non-Sig)

Recently, from last month, I am nearly hitting very hard on Chase cards. As in, my Total spend is approx $30K/Month on all these cards (All are MS).

What happened was few days back (10 days ago) got few orders from staples. It was pending for 2 days, and the charge disappeared, and my available CL was increased. Later, with this new available CL, I purchased some more things and yesterday all of a sudden, the OLD pending charges were reappeared again for both my CSP and United Cards. This action made my Util as follows - 

1. United $7K (Total Charges) of $5K CL and available CL=$0

2. CSP with $4.8K of Total Charges with $0 Available CL

Basically, I can see that I have exceeded my CL bit far this time and for the United Card, they borrowed some CL from the CSP.

Just today, I scheduled the payments of some thing like around $1K on each of these cards. But still I need some time to get the remaining balance. 

Will these actions decrease my scores with Chase? Should I transfer all my UR over100,000 ?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had a similar thing happened to me 2 days ago! I had charged one payment of $1000 to a furniture store, then another $1000 to a DIFFERENT furniture store, both to my CSP. They were both pending at $1000 each for 2 days-ish.

On the third day, one of the $1000 posted and the other $1000 was no where to be found. In addition, my available credit was increased because one of the $1000 had completely disappeared. After about 24 hours or so the $1000 came back and everything is back to normal. It's like they are delayed or something. I usually try to check my activities but I believe this is the first time I've seen this.

Anyone else noticed things of this nature?

Message 19 of 27
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

Something really weird happened to me. I currently have three chase cards - Freedom, Explorer and CSP. The last two are signature with $5K Limit and Freedom has $5.5K Limit (Non-Sig)

Recently, from last month, I am nearly hitting very hard on Chase cards. As in, my Total spend is approx $30K/Month on all these cards (All are MS).

What happened was few days back (10 days ago) got few orders from staples. It was pending for 2 days, and the charge disappeared, and my available CL was increased. Later, with this new available CL, I purchased some more things and yesterday all of a sudden, the OLD pending charges were reappeared again for both my CSP and United Cards. This action made my Util as follows - 

1. United $7K (Total Charges) of $5K CL and available CL=$0

2. CSP with $4.8K of Total Charges with $0 Available CL

Basically, I can see that I have exceeded my CL bit far this time and for the United Card, they borrowed some CL from the CSP.

Just today, I scheduled the payments of some thing like around $1K on each of these cards. But still I need some time to get the remaining balance. 

Will these actions decrease my scores with Chase? Should I transfer all my UR over100,000 ?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had a similar thing happened to me 2 days ago! I had charged one payment of $1000 to a furniture store, then another $1000 to a DIFFERENT furniture store, both to my CSP. They were both pending at $1000 each for 2 days-ish.

On the third day, one of the $1000 posted and the other $1000 was no where to be found. In addition, my available credit was increased because one of the $1000 had completely disappeared. After about 24 hours or so the $1000 came back and everything is back to normal. It's like they are delayed or something. I usually try to check my activities but I believe this is the first time I've seen this.

Anyone else noticed things of this nature?

Yup. An authorization can expire before the merchant submits the charges. I had that on a trip to Southern California, my available credit was reduced but the posted charges plus pending charges didn't add up (and I didn't want to get booted from my hotel). 

Also, sometimes they don't show all pending charges on the online banking site (if you have more than 10?). I called in to verify the difference and the CSR read off all valid charges but 2-3 of them didn't show up to me on the website. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.