Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase AA

totally blindsided, but it is what it is. Will call on Monday to talk to someone in lending for any detailed "why" but I know it can't be reversed.
Message 11 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
totally blindsided, but it is what it is. Will call on Monday to talk to someone in lending for any detailed "why" but I know it can't be reversed.

Generally youre right that they wont reverse the decision but there have been cases here where it has happened.   Keep us informed and best of luck.

Message 12 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Something must have caused them to take such an action.  How old are these cards?  Did you get all them recently? Did you spread them out?  Has anything changed at all on your reports?  How old is your Chase first card?

For the utilization stated, I highly doubt if that is what caused it.  Something on your file, transaction, etc. probably spooked them.

Message 13 of 92
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
13% to 18% overall, and the bulk is retail. Started buying stuff at lowes for a few projects. Pull appraisal and inspection stuff on one card and brought it to about 60%. Took spring break vacay and put charges on Ritz card, up to 55%. All others have just been where they have been. Only had $21.5k in total exposure. oh well

None of that is exceptionally high.  Anything else that you can think of that might have set off their alarms?

I dunno going over 50% util on multiple chase cards could trip an alarm. OP has six chase cards yet the credit lines add up to 21.5k? It sounds more like op has either a thin file or some negatives in past or low income. If any of those are the case chase may watch the file closer. I'd be curious has to the timing of the chase apps. Were all these cards apped for in a relatively short period of time? We have seen chase close people down for that. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sorry this happened. What was your overall exposure with Chase?
Message 15 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

nvm, on mobile and did not see the amount originally.
Message 16 of 92
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I hate seeing posts like this as I have a few Chase cards that were opened recently. I posted this in another Chase AA thread, but it seems to me that Chase gets very nervous when you bring up util on any of their cards past 50% or so, even if your overall util is in the 15-20% range. That is why in that other thread I suggested that if your Chase accounts are less than a year old, to keep your util on them to less than 30%. Sorry this happened to you.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 17 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
13% to 18% overall, and the bulk is retail. Started buying stuff at lowes for a few projects. Pull appraisal and inspection stuff on one card and brought it to about 60%. Took spring break vacay and put charges on Ritz card, up to 55%. All others have just been where they have been. Only had $21.5k in total exposure. oh well

None of that is exceptionally high.  Anything else that you can think of that might have set off their alarms?

+1 Not very high at all. 

Well $21.5K may have been too high for their comfort according to income level or in conjunction with a host of other factors, like inquiries with other lenders, total credit lines with other lenders (even if unused, perhaps it was preemptive).

OP, do you do any of your banking with Chase / keep funds on deposit?

Message 18 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
All 6 cards closed after United Club denial. No reason, wait for letter. Balances have risen recently, DW has not used any of her cards as we're waiting for mortgage to close. Really stinks, but card T&C do state that they can close for whatever reason. Will pay off and go on with my life.

Did you have any UR points?

Message 19 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the second person on here within the last week or 2 that had all of their Chase cards shutdown after app'ing for a new Chase card. Although the other person app'd for 3 cards at once, and then tried to recon the denial of one of the cards; it was after that his cards (as well as the cards of the person he was living with) were shutdown. Perhaps Chase is cracking down kinda like Comenity? I'm doubtful it was the utilization that did it. I went up to 70% util on my Freedom when I first got it (0% APR, don't judge Smiley Happy ). Maybe they are starting to look at number of Chase cards issued per address? I don't know, just throwing ideas out.

Message 20 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.