Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase APR Reduction

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

Chase APR Reduction

I've read a couple threads lately about Chase not budging on their APR so I'd thought Id share this here.

My mom's Freedom APR was lowered from 21.24 to 14.24. 

Presumably they reviewed her account and did it automatically. I know she never carries a balance and shes' had her card for a few years. She isn't really educated in credit but she's one of those whos scared to death of interest, an I know she pay's everything in full. Don't know any other variables except she didn't ask for it. So for those who want it lowered, theres hope!

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Re: Chase APR Reduction

@Shock wrote:

I've read a couple threads lately about Chase not budging on their APR so I'd thought Id share this here.

My mom's Freedom APR was lowered from 21.24 to 14.24. 

Presumably they reviewed her account and did it automatically. I know she never carries a balance and shes' had her card for a few years. She isn't really educated in credit but she's one of those whos scared to death of interest, an I know she pay's everything in full. Don't know any other variables except she didn't ask for it. So for those who want it lowered, theres hope!

Nice that's a huge reduction! Congrats Momma Shock! Smiley Happy 

Any idea of her util, if you don't mind me asking? 

Message 2 of 28
Shock
Established Contributor

I honestly don't know. But she tells me she doesn't swipe much. I presume it's only one or two swipes per statement. Less than 100 or 200 bucks I'm almost certain. And I think her limit is in the 1500-1700 range. 

Message 3 of 28
score_building
Senior Contributor

That it is a significant reduction. Yeah- they supposedly review accounts automatically for APRD, very few reports here of them doing so

and it appears they always deflect actual customer requests for it, unlike many other major lenders.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 28
Shock
Established Contributor

Aside from UR, I still dont see why Chase is so sought after.

Message 5 of 28
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

nice reduction!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 6 of 28
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing and congrats to your mom. So there is hope for me with a lot of time and patience...LOL. Just wish the APR would be visible on credit reports that might challenge Chase a bit if they could see that they are by far the worst on Freedom by at least 8% above the next lower APR  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 28
Chris679
Established Contributor

@Shock wrote:

Aside from UR, I still dont see why Chase is so sought after.

I'm with you on this but I think you could find someone to say the same thing about any of these companies.  For example, I love Citi because I have used their cards heavily and therefore they have treated me very well.  I've had Chase and Discover for 2-3 years and barely use the cards so not surprisingly they haven't done much for me.  I think at the end of the day all of the major card companies are pretty good but your persoanl experiences with them will vary alot based on how much you use their cards.  If you scratch their back they will scratch yours. 

Message 8 of 28
Shock
Established Contributor

Maybe I am just impatient. But Chase has started me off with low limits, and has slowly given me CLI's. I guess I should be happy that I am an exception, and one of few who get auto LUV. But a company like AMEX gave me a charge card, and 6 months later gave me a revolver (7k) easily doubling my Citi and Cap1 limits. Then 61 days later, I sit at 16.6k. I've been sitting on my limits with Chase for a while..and it sucks because even with a pristine track record with them, the most they would do is match my highest limit card presumably. I don't see them rewarding me for continued spend on their cards. If it wasnt for me shopping on Amazon or the quarterly spend, right now I'd be hard pressed to figure out why I'm still with them.

Message 9 of 28
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Unfortunately, Chase does not appear to accept customer requests for APR reductions.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.