Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase APR reduction ?

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Chase APR reduction ?

They've told me they review accounts periodically, but do they ever actually lower APRs? What's their criteria?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase APR reduction ?

@thelethargicage wrote:
They've told me they review accounts periodically, but do they ever actually lower APRs? What's their criteria?

Chase is tough........but good luck Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Chase rarely does this. They will just tell you to pay your statement balance to avoid interest...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@maiden_girl wrote:

Chase rarely does this. They will just tell you to pay your statement balance to avoid interest...

+1

Very, very rarely OP.  If your account has an even higher APR (>19%), not so much.  You have a better chance to see squirrels mate in your backyard than you do having Chase lower your APR.

Message 4 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

+1

Very, very rarely OP.  If your account has an even higher APR (>19%), not so much.  You have a better chance to see squirrels mate in your backyard than you do having Chase lower your APR.

not looking forward to when my freedom 0% apr end in january. It will be sd when its not on restaurant or gas duty thats for damn sure lol

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

One possible way to get chase to reduce your APR esp if it's one of their highest would be to cancel it and reapp if your scores support it in 6+ months or apply for another card and PC it in a year

Message 6 of 15
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

One possible way to get chase to reduce your APR esp if it's one of their highest would be to cancel it and reapp if your scores support it in 6+ months or apply for another card and PC it in a year

If you reapp later for the same card would they create a new TL for it?

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 7 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Firehorse wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

If you reapp later for the same card would they create a new TL for it?

Yes, if approved, it sure would.

Message 8 of 15
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Exactly why I will probably only deal with CU's for CC's soon.  I really don't need Chase, Citi or the others.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 9 of 15
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

**UPDATE**

I figured out how to get a better APR from Chase:

I closed my Freedom card 2 nights ago (originally a Platinum Visa, upgraded to Signature, godawful 22.99% APR) and I applied for a new Freedom the next day. Got the 7-10 day message, so Icalled the backdoor number and was told the old card was still showing up in their system as open. The credit analyst worked her magic and voila! New Freedom card with a $15.7K CL and 13.99% APR.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.