Chase APR reduction ?

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Chase APR reduction ?

@thelethargicage wrote:

**UPDATE**

I figured out how to get a better APR from Chase:

I closed my Freedom card 2 nights ago (originally a Platinum Visa, upgraded to Signature, godawful 22.99% APR) and I applied for a new Freedom the next day. Got the 7-10 day message, so Icalled the backdoor number and was told the old card was still showing up in their system as open. The credit analyst worked her magic and voila! New Freedom card with a $15.7K CL and 13.99% APR.

Nice , i don't know if i want to take an HP to get an APR reduction tho :-) i will just make sure to PIF when my 0% ends in January :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 15
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

**UPDATE**

I closed my Freedom card 2 nights ago (originally a Platinum Visa, upgraded to Signature, godawful 22.99% APR) and I applied for a new Freedom the next day. Got the 7-10 day message, so Icalled the backdoor number and was told the old card was still showing up in their system as open. The credit analyst worked her magic and voila! New Freedom card with a $15.7K CL and 13.99% APR.

Nice! Congratulations. Stinks you had to take a HP to get it though.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 12 of 15
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

**UPDATE**

Nice! Congratulations. Stinks you had to take a HP to get it though.

Thanks! Actually, they double pulled EX and TU. After all, it's a new card. No big deal, though, it's not the end of the world. I'm done with apps for a long time.

Message 13 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Im glad it worked... Thought it would take a little more time before you reapplied but... i think the Analyst knew why you closed it...

=)

-j

Message 14 of 15
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

first I wanted to this as well but now I got used to that ridiculous APR of 22,99% on my Freedom and if I cannot get the 13,99% I am happily keeping this nice figure...in the meantime I fell in love with my record high figure..lol

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.