Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AU Question

tag
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Chase AU Question

I recently added my girlfriend as an AU to my Chase Freedom account.  I wanted her to be able to use it if she needs to and I also ask her to pick up things a lot so it's much easier since I rarely handle any cash.  What I'm wondering is will it report on her CR?  It only asked for her name and we do not live together yet so addresses are different.  I'm wondering how it could possibly report.  Also, will I be able to see a breakdown of what is spent with my card vs hers or will it just show up all the same?

AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase AU Question

No it will not breakdown charges since the card numbers are the same. I believe you asked about the possibility of it reporting on her cr which I believe you mentioned you did not want it to; correct?
Message 2 of 10
eagles08
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
No it will not breakdown charges since the card numbers are the same. I believe you asked about the possibility of it reporting on her cr which I believe you mentioned you did not want it to; correct?

Oh, ok.  Well, it doesn't matter if it does or not, I'm just wondering if it will.

AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 3 of 10
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

Yes, it should report on her CR, effect her AAoA, and util. But of course, she is not responsible or liable for payment.

I have been an AU on a Chase Marriott card for years (maybe 7-8 years?), and it is included in my CR.

Message 4 of 10
eagles08
Regular Contributor

That's so weird to me! How does it report by only having her name?  No ssn, no address.  Just her name!  What if someone else has the same name?!

Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

In your case, it may not report because (from your previous post) no matching criteria. Ie last name, different addresses/state etc.
Message 6 of 10
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

Hm - yea that's true. It didn't ask for her social? If it didn't ask for social, and she doesn't live at your address, then it may not report to her credit report.

Message 7 of 10
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

Keep an eye on her CR. My SO is on my Freedom. No SSN on file with Chase. Different address, different STATE, different last name. And it still made its way to her report.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 8 of 10
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Yeah, it asked only for her name. No SSN. It's the same deal actually as TheSpeculator mentioned. Everything is different. I wonder how it happens like that. Theres so many people out there with the same names!!
Message 9 of 10
Kwyjibo
Established Member

I recently added DBF to my Chase Slate, hoping it would show on his CR, but nothing yet.

What's weird, though, is one of his former addresses shows up on MY CR. I had added him as an AU on my old (now closed) Dillards AX acct, but that didn't show on his CR, either. Strange how this all works.

Gardening until at least 12.16.13
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.