Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AU question

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Chase AU question

Guys, can I add my parent as AU to Chase card and use that card only abroad? Will Chase take AA towards my account?Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase AU question

@DavidZeng wrote:

Guys, can I add my parent as AU to Chase card and use that card only abroad? Will Chase take AA towards my account?Smiley Surprised

Yes, you can add your parents. Yes, you can use the card abroad. Would have noway to determine why they might choose to AA your account.  Are you asking simply based on your parents using the card abroad?

Message 2 of 7
Incredulous
Established Member

The phrasing is a little bit unclear. I'm not sure if you mean:

1) That card will be the only card used abroad, or

2) You will only use that card abroad, and not domestically.

If your concern is related to international usage you can call ahead and let them known that you will be out of the country.

Message 3 of 7
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@DavidZeng wrote:

Yes, you can add your parents. Yes, you can use the card abroad. Would have noway to determine why they might choose to AA your account.  Are you asking simply based on your parents using the card abroad?

Smiley EmbarassedActually the full disclosure is my parents are not  US. Residents, but since Chase only ask name for AU. (and I think the T&C does not mention the AU's residency) . So I'd love to give my dad a card to use for traveling, since his job is related to that and he can always use that card for personal trip. Since I just got a job offer and will soon become financially independent, and I really want to return for long term support from my family ( I am AU of their cards for a really long time now I think it is time to make a changeSmiley Tongue) .

Message 4 of 7
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I don't think it'll be an issue.

My financee is an AU on my Chase cards, and on occasions when I have to travel internationally for conferences we'll both be using the cards at the same time in different countries.

So far Chase hasn't taken any AA on my accounts at all.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 7
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@DavidZeng wrote:

Smiley EmbarassedActually the full disclosure is my parents are not  US. Residents, but since Chase only ask name for AU. (and I think the T&C does not mention the AU's residency) . So I'd love to give my dad a card to use for traveling, since his job is related to that and he can always use that card for personal trip. Since I just got a job offer and will soon become financially independent, and I really want to return for long term support from my family ( I am AU of their cards for a really long time now I think it is time to make a changeSmiley Tongue) .

One other point to add: my financee isn't a US citizen or resident either, and Chase doesn't seem to care.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 7
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the info~~ Smiley Tongue This forum is amazing, and you guys are awsome.Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.