Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AU question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase AU question

My DF was just approved for a CSP, and I was added as an AU on the account. Does the spending on the AU card count towards the signup bonus? Also, since we live together can we combine our UR points???
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase AU question

I hope so.. My wife is AU on mine and using my CSP as her primary card until we hit the $4K

Message 2 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

As for AU spend counting towards bonus, yes, that is correct.  As for pooling UR points...not sure...hopefully someone else will chime in with the answer to that one. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

- Points count toward UR

- All purchased count towards bonus

- You get 5k points for an AU after the first billing cycle

Message 4 of 11
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My DF was just approved for a CSP, and I was added as an AU on the account. Does the spending on the AU card count towards the signup bonus? Also, since we live together can we combine our UR points???

Others have already answered some of these, but I'll reply anyway

1.  Yes, AU spend counts towards the signup bonus.  You could put all spend on the AU card and none on the primary and still get the bonus

2.  This is tricky.  Chase only allows you to transfer points to cards you own yourself or your spouse or domestic partner (note that it doesn't allow you transfer to children, other family members).  You have two things going for you on this one - you live together and you are an AU on the other person's card.  Most likely you will slide under the radar but if Chase questions you you will probably have to sell your DF relationship as a domestic partnership.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nachoslibres wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1.  Yes, AU spend counts towards the signup bonus.  You could put all spend on the AU card and none on the primary and still get the bonus

2.  This is tricky.  Chase only allows you to transfer points to cards you own yourself or your spouse or domestic partner (note that it doesn't allow you transfer to children, other family members).  You have two things going for you on this one - you live together and you are an AU on the other person's card.  Most likely you will slide under the radar but if Chase questions you you will probably have to sell your DF relationship as a domestic partnership.

They have changed the wording for UR transfers to 'household members' so they no longer have to be a spouse or domestic partner.  So you can transfer to a child, parent or anyone else as long as they live at same address.   That's for personal cards.  For business cards it can be a single household member or joint business owner.

Message 7 of 11
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They have changed the wording for UR transfers to 'household members' so they no longer have to be a spouse or domestic partner.  So you can transfer to a child, parent or anyone else as long as they live at same address.   That's for personal cards.  For business cards it can be a single household member or joint business owner.

Ok cool, the stuff on their site I was looking at must be old.

I also knew that you could transfer to joint business owners on the business cards I just never knew how they enforced that - since I'm assuming you couldn't just transfer to an employee that isn't an owner (unless they are a spouse/partner/household member).

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nachoslibres wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok cool, the stuff on their site I was looking at must be old.

I also knew that you could transfer to joint business owners on the business cards I just never knew how they enforced that - since I'm assuming you couldn't just transfer to an employee that isn't an owner (unless they are a spouse/partner/household member).

Not sure either how they would enforce the business partner issue but Chase can be very aggressive at enforcing their UR transfer rules and will shut down accounts and seize existing UR points if you don't follow the rules.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two more questions....is there a way I can get my AU account to show up on my chase app and is there a way to see a breakdown of what was spent on what card??
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.