Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AU with existing Chase CO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase AU with existing Chase CO

Just thought this was a little weird. And not really possible.  My fiancee recently got a Chase Freedom card.  She applied because of the benefits and the $200 bonus. It has become her everyday card.   They were also offering a $25 bonus for an authorized user.  It allowed her to add me to her account and sent me a card. I activated it and used it once so she could get her bonus.   This was 2 weeks ago.  It just reported to my experian credit report today.  What is weird about this is we have different addresses on file and I actually have 2 chargeoffs with chase from 2011.   I'm actually saving money at the moment to pay them off.  But they don't know that. LOL.  Like I said.  Kinda weird. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase AU with existing Chase CO

@Anonymous wrote:

Just thought this was a little weird. And not really possible.  My fiancee recently got a Chase Freedom card.  She applied because of the benefits and the $200 bonus. It has become her everyday card.   They were also offering a $25 bonus for an authorized user.  It allowed her to add me to her account and sent me a card. I activated it and used it once so she could get her bonus.   This was 2 weeks ago.  It just reported to my experian credit report today.  What is weird about this is we have different addresses on file and I actually have 2 chargeoffs with chase from 2011.   I'm actually saving money at the moment to pay them off.  But they don't know that. LOL.  Like I said.  Kinda weird. 

Since you aren't actually responsible for any charges they will let you be an AU. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with @Ojefferyo..  As an AU, your credit is not used in deciding so you having charge offs does not matter.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea. I guess that makes sense. Just thought i wouldn't be carrying a chase card for a long time. Heck. I've even started threads on how to get back in with them. Lol
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yea. I guess that makes sense. Just thought i wouldn't be carrying a chase card for a long time. Heck. I've even started threads on how to get back in with them. Lol

Well, then this is certainly a good start thus being an AU.  Does your other half have other Chase cards?  You may want to be added to those also... 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nah. She was supposed to be in the garden when she got this one. She has other prime cards but she only added me to this one for the exta bonus. Worked out good for me though.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Nah. She was supposed to be in the garden when she git this one. She has other prime cards but she only added me to this one for the exta bonus. Worked out good for me though.

Oh Ok... Enjoy it..

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex will deny an AU if you have credit problems. My DW has an Amex and they denied me as an AU because of my bankruptcy.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well dang. I thought I could get lucky again. She said when she comes out of the garden she's going for Amex BCE. Lol
Message 9 of 15
noobody
Established Contributor

Chase does not ask SSN for AU, you can put your dog's name to get extra bunus. You must have a uncommon name, if your name is John Smith, I do not know how can they find your credit file.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.