cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Account Charged-Off While Current

tag
tmonique

Chase Account Charged-Off While Current

I had a Chase account a couple of years ago that shows on my credit report as a charge-off.  However, the credit report also shows that all payments were current each month prior to the charge-off and I also have bank statements that show payments were being made.  How can an account become a charge-off with no reported late payments?  And should I contact Chase prior to filing a dispute with the credit agengies?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Account Charged-Off While Current

Was it charged off?

Were you current?

Message 2 of 6
tmonique

Yes, it was charged-off.  And yes, I was definitely current. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so why did Chase charge off a current account? I am confused

Was it in default but you paid back to an official/unofficial payment program? And how long ago was this?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets try it this way:

@tmonique wrote:

I had a Chase account a couple of years ago that shows on my credit report as a charge-off (Was it a charge off).  However, the credit report also shows that all payments were current each month prior to the charge-off and I also have bank statements that show payments were being made(were they they corect payments in accordance with your cardholder agreement, with your account never being past due, in default, charged off previously, handed to collections or having any adverse action done to it?).  How can an account become a charge-off with no reported late payments?  (if the payments were not being made to the card holder agreement) And should I contact Chase prior to filing a dispute with the credit agengies?

Message 5 of 6
tmonique

I'm just as confused as you are.

The payments were being made in accordance with the cardholder agreement.  I paid the minimum amount due every, single month.  And I was nowhere near my credit limit, so I'm baffled.

If the payments were not  made as specified in the cardholder agreement, would it not show on my credit report that I had overdue payments?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.